Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the interior lights in my 2014 Tundra and when I did it, a small spark was created along with a smell. It's not the fuses Iv already checked. Iv found where people on the forum have had similar problems but the forum was 7 years old. Does anyone have any solution for this problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iv replaced them with the factory lights and still nothing. I wonder if I replace the white switch inside the dome lights if they would work?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I will check again in the morning but since I posted earier I have found that a guy had a exact problem and his was the dome light switch
It was probably me...I had two issues:

1) I caused a short between the bulb wire and the metal reflector and socket wires. This blew the fuse that is under the hood near the battery - it was a 7.5A fuse called "DOME".

2) Then I really screwed up...I also had a problem getting the bulbs into the dome light in the back and ended up shorting out the switches in the light fixture. I pulled both LEDs out of the fixture and then replaced the fuse (one LED was physically burned and actually burned the land on the circuit board where one of the switches is mounted, hence the burning electrical smell). The rest of the inside lights worked except the rear dome light. Pulled it out and ordered another one from Roman at Toyota of Cool Springs. This time, I put in the new LEDs (yes, I had to get two replacement LEDs too) BEFORE I installed the new fixture and everything works fine.

There is only the one fuse for the DOME lights.

It was real "interesting" to say the least. My fat fingers just didn't help much when attempting to insert the LEDs into those "flimsy sockets" that are really just bent wires.

Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts