Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent all night surfing forums and reading reviews on various Cold Air Intakes. I have narrowed my search down to two finalist: the Volant Closed Box Air Intake PN #18857 and the AFE Magnum For State 2 Si with the Pro 5R Filter. The Volant is $349.95 at the time of posting while the AFE is $429.00. What are your opinions on these two CAIs, and is the AFE really worth the extra $80?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are gonna get the same answer from others I'm gonna give you. CAI are a waste of money and just make noise and in some cases have been dyno tested and actually lose power in some rpms. Your best bet is to just get a k&n drop in filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I had a Volant on mine initially and lost 60 miles per tank. Another issue was the filter kept falling off of the intake tube. Do a drop-in filter and the SABM.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
583 Posts
Another volant customer with a falling off filter. I've learned to regularly check it over the past 5 years, it was off the other week once again. I was just thinking earlier today that putting the stock filter back on might be part of this weekend's project while I swap my serpentine belt...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.