Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Tundra crew max and have to get a brake controller for the RV. Planning on getting the P3 but thought I would get a few comments from others and see what y'all thought.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I got the P3 two weeks ago, I am sold on this unit. I will never have anything else. You can't go wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
etrailer.com has the P3 and direct wiring harness. Put one on my Tundra and Tacoma. Fast shipping every time I order with them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
forget the P3 and just get the maxbrake you will never use another controller ever again.. and the harness for your brake controller is on the left side kick panel next to the emergency brake...

best of luck with your choice

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Prodigy P2 or P3 are both great units. The P3 is a bit nicer because you can save different settings for different trailers (boost level and max brake voltage) and tow trailers with hydraulic over electric brakes. The P2 is simpler but still uses that same proportional control technology.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
so all these recommendations on the P3, anyone had a DrawTite then switched to the P3? I've only had the DrawTite and like it cuz it's so simple. I'd be curious to hear from someone whom has switched.

sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I have the P3, install was easy and it works great on my 6000# HTT. The active display is nice so you can see the proportional braking force being applied.

Plug & play with the factory harness too....

Reactions: dirtydeeds

·
Registered
830 Posts
P3. I looked at all the others, almost went P2 (or P1? forget now), decided it was cheap money compared to anything I'd tow with the truck. The diagnostics tipped me over.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Just make sure to ground that second wire under the column, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the P3 installed and made my first pull yesterday. I am very impressed with the Tundra and the P3. Drove about 50 miles with a mix of hills and flats got about 9.5 mpg and it was getting better. Looking forward to our trip in 2 weeks and really seeing how it does. So far I love this truck.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
so all these recommendations on the P3, anyone had a DrawTite then switched to the P3? I've only had the DrawTite and like it cuz it's so simple. I'd be curious to hear from someone whom has switched.

sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread
I have a P1 which is also dead simple (gain and boost only), the P3 is suprisingly easy to use, especially for the features. (I borrowed my brother's P3) Keeping an eye out for a good used one myself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts