Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have lurked on these forums for a while and have gleamed some really good advice from the many knowledgable members here and hopefully someone can help answer a question. I have a 2010 DC with a 3/1 lift, 20"Wheels and 33" Toyo A/T 1's but it's time for some new tires... and I am looking to go to 35's. I also want to get some new wheels and I have my eye on some Fuel Dune's which have a +20 Offset. I have read on the forums that the best case scenario is to get some wheels with 30-35 offset and you will have minumal rubbing. My goal is to NOT have to cut into the body but I dont mind working on any of the plastic. Anyone have any thoughts on running 35's on a wheel with +20 offset? Also I do very little offroading ...but I like the look of a more aggressive tread so I am thinking of going with AT2's or Terra grapplers...but maybe there is a slightly thinner A/T tire that might work better for me...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the response. I will definately look into some 34's!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have 35/12.5 falkens wild peak and I get a little rub at wheel lock, shit sucks

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
so, this may be unsolicited advice, but I don't know enough about fitting 35's on a 2 gen as I've never done it...yet, but I can say, don't forget about your rear end gears. You'll want at least a 4.88 (that's the only ratio you can get aftermarket as far as I know)

With big tires and stock gears you'll feel like you're driving uphill everywhere, with gears it puts you back on level ground.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
so, this may be unsolicited advice, but I don't know enough about fitting 35's on a 2 gen as I've never done it...yet, but I can say, don't forget about your rear end gears. You'll want at least a 4.88 (that's the only ratio you can get aftermarket as far as I know)

With big tires and stock gears you'll feel like you're driving uphill everywhere, with gears it puts you back on level ground.
sorry, not true...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have 35s and have no issues moving them. I have been thinking about 4.88s anyway but it's hard to justify the price at this moment in time. I want to try and get some mpg back and prepare for 37s

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
With 35's and a supercharger my buddy's truck couldn't even break the rear tires loose, until of course he installed 4.88"s:) it also shaved 3/10 off his 1/8mile times. Most guys don't know what they're missing because its such a large chunk of money, but after investing the cash they wonder why it took so long to do it. It actually makes a huge difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts