Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
An update on the advent OTOTUN1

I had mine installed in my 2011 DC 2 weeks ago. For the most part I am happy. However there are some issues that everyone should consider. From reading all of the conversation ( I have read quite a bit) The two major advantages of going with the ADVENT are the look (I cant agree more. It looks perfect. Could not be happier) and maintaining the control features on your steering wheel. There is no doubt that you do maintain the steering wheel functionality. However it is certainly not perfect. I can only speak to the interaction of the IPHONE 5 and the Advent. If you are not running the navigation everything seems to work well (All options are functional and are timely). If you are using the GPS and streaming music from your phone (IPHONE 5 is connected via USB) everything becomes extremely bogged down. Changing songs, using SIRI, navigation audible ques, all become very sluggish, with significant delays. Shut down the navigation or the streaming and everything goes back to normal. It has happened over and over. There is slight improvement if you are running both but do not have the navigation screen up, but not much. I have been to the advent website and asked for assistance but my question has not been answered yet. I also shut down all background applications on the IPHONE 5 prior to starting the streaming and navigation. That had little impact. The firmware is up to date so that is not the issue. I have also reset the system a few times. To be honest, I am not sure I would do it all over again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would find an oem factory unit that matches and have it professionally installed. With that being said, I am learning that a phone with less music and apps on it may make a difference If that is the case I would be much happier. Will update you in a day or so

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have noticed the sluggish issue when I have the phone connected via the USB port. I was wondering if that was not the best. Good to know - the factory unit sluggishness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts