Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ADS has a 2.5 rear bottom mount piggy back shock for the Tundras that is unique in a few ways.

First off, the bottom mount resi design offers about a 15% increase in effeciency on the compression side since the reservoir piston is no longer compressing as the shaft goes upward which makes all the oil be forced through the valving.

They offer a stock length version and an extended travel version through us designed for use with the deaver K37 leaf springs. We are the only ones offering a spec length 2.5 shock for use with the deaver springs.

Attachments

·
Banned
668 Posts
Awesome shocks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
M C M,

Will the bypass rear shock coming out soon also be offered in the longer length to allow 13" of travel with a K37 leaf pack? I gather this uses stock shock mount points, both top and bottom?

Great to see an extended rear travel option without having to relocate mounts or go SUA.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M C M,

Will the bypass rear shock coming out soon also be offered in the longer length to allow 13" of travel with a K37 leaf pack? I gather this uses stock shock mount points, both top and bottom?

Great to see an extended rear travel option without having to relocate mounts or go SUA.
Yes, it will have both length options.

Uses all stock mounting points.

·
Registered
830 Posts
i heard that uptravel was limited with the deaver k37s because the leaf pack is so thick, and while you gain progression and a nicer ride, you may actually lose some travel??

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most trucks I have done have 5-6" of uptravel. Which is respectable for a SOA set up. The bump stop is still on top of the leaf pack, so the extra leafs create lift and allow for a longer shock.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i heard that uptravel was limited with the deaver k37s because the leaf pack is so thick, and while you gain progression and a nicer ride, you may actually lose some travel??
You only lost travel when using the stock length shock.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
You only lost travel when using the stock length shock.
Any specs on the shocks.. Specifically extended and compressed lengths for the extended travel version?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Bump @M C M .. Any specs on the shock for the K37 leafs?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts