Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up a 2013 DC with the entune system and was disappointed to find out it did not have sat radio. Is there anyway to add XM to the entune? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I don't think so but just to try and find out, I ordered every different factory xm part available for a tundra I'm going to try and see of something works by chance, ill probably be returning all of it. I have never seen a tundra with entune and sat radio, however I have had my head unit out and the sat radio antenna is actually plugged into my deck, the truck doesn't have an antenna in it but the cord is there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, it's a module you'll have to order from the dealer. I had them add it and install it when I bought it. The 2013 Nav with Entune is XM Compatible/ready.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yes, it's a module you'll have to order from the dealer. I had them add it and install it when I bought it. The 2013 Nav with Entune is XM Compatible/ready.

Do you have the part number? When looking at the dealer I ordered 5 different modules because they all said they work and I would prefer to know rather than trial and error.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No, sorry I do not. I had them add it when I ordered my truck. They had to install it at the dealer. But it was all done before I took possession.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
are you sure you have entune? when my 2013 rock warrior was delivered to me the dealer said it had entune with nav. Come to find out its just the HD raidio with nav, not entune. Entune will have satillite radio in it. I had the dealer install the modual and fit kit. It came to just under $500+ $95 for one year sub.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Just found my paper work not sure if that's the part number or not. You can start here though.10TOZ

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you sure you have entune? when my 2013 rock warrior was delivered to me the dealer said it had entune with nav. Come to find out its just the HD raidio with nav, not entune. Entune will have satillite radio in it. I had the dealer install the modual and fit kit. It came to just under $500+ $95 for one year sub.
I def have the entune. Here is what is on my window sticker

ET - "Display Nagivation with Entune:
Includes 6.1in High Resolution touch screen with split screen capability and integrated backup camera display, AM/FM CD Player with MP3/WMA Playback capability, six speakers, SXM Compatible (Additional Hardware and Subscription required), HD Radio with iTunes Tagging, Auxiliary Audio Jack, USB Port with iPod Connectivity and Control, Hands-Free Phone capability, Phone Book Access, Advanced Voice Recognition and Music Streaming via bluetooth wireless technology."

Just gotta find the right "Additional Hardware"

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
yeper, thats the same as mine reads, 600 bills to get XM. when the dealer instaled mine they told me its the hd radio not entune. Who knows maybe they dont know. Look at your head unit dose it say HD on it or entune. maybe we have entune radio without XM? Im not sure

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good link. However, the satellite port on my unit is square....very similar to the satellite antenna plug that went into my old head unit. Is this what others have?

Did some search and the isimple plus sc-c kit may be the trick.
2012 Sequoia Sirius/XM With Non-JBL Entune Display Navigation Head Unit - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
thats interesting. We just brought my girlfriend a 2013 Rav4 at the same time as my tundra. Her Rav4 also has entune and also has XM sat? So there seems to be several different versions of entune. Her bezel has the XM branding where mine does not.

Also my entune has traffic which I was told it gets from XM, yet no XM radio. But my traffic doesn't anyways.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeper, thats the same as mine reads, 600 bills to get XM. when the dealer instaled mine they told me its the hd radio not entune. Who knows maybe they dont know. Look at your head unit dose it say HD on it or entune. maybe we have entune radio without XM? Im not sure
I have the NSCD-W12U-B it says HD Radio, WMA and MP3. It also has all the entune apps and works with my iphones entune app. I'm pretty sure its the entune.

It is this unit.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Good link. However, the satellite port on my unit is square....very similar to the satellite antenna plug that went into my old head unit. Is this what others have?

Did some search and the isimple plus sc-c kit may be the trick.
2012 Sequoia Sirius/XM With Non-JBL Entune Display Navigation Head Unit - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Just went through it on my thread. Need this as well:

SFA12F Antenna cable for select 2007-Up Lexus LS & IS & Toyota :: Antennas, Adapters and Boosters :: Car Stereos and components

Reactions: GTScott

·
Registered
168 Posts
This seems to get complicated. My nav unit is the exact same as the one posted by Frozen.

My old in dash aux plug works following the install but the USB is power only. If I could get that and the xm resolved, I would be a happy camper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts