Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to add either a H or X pipe to my exhaust system on my truck but can't decide which one would be best. I have read that X pipe produces more power but the H pipe is a deeper sound. Does anyone currently have either one on their truck? My current setup is dual flowmaster super 10's and rear cats removed.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
x pipes are a little smoother sounding, both will yield you back the power you lost by going to dual exhaust

·
Registered
188 Posts
Why you no headers???

I went with jba ceramic longtube headers, magnaflow x-pipe and 2 borla XR-1 mufflers.

I made a thread with pics somewhere in here, lol.

Just read over your exhaust thread and that thing is beautiful! I want to install an X pipe on my DC soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ok, forgive me because I didn't use the search funtion but I figured it applied to this thread.

I am also curious about "X" pipe vs. "H" pipe. But in my case I already have the TRD duals. I would like to add LT headers in the future (w/cats in the mid pipe) but for now would like to add a cross over of some sort. Can that be achieved prior to the TRD dual exhaust or is it better to add that in after the flanges (near the mufflers).

My apologies if this may look like I'm hi-jacking your thread. I just want to only do a crossover once, in the most beneficial location, be it H or X.

Yes yes, I know I can contact Keith directly but this might help others "get off the fence" who might be waiting for someone to ask that very question.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok, forgive me because I didn't use the search funtion but I figured it applied to this thread.

I am also curious about "X" pipe vs. "H" pipe. But in my case I already have the TRD duals. I would like to add LT headers in the future (w/cats in the mid pipe) but for now would like to add a cross over of some sort. Can that be achieved prior to the TRD dual exhaust or is it better to add that in after the flanges (near the mufflers).

My apologies if this may look like I'm hi-jacking your thread. I just want to only do a crossover once, in the most beneficial location, be it H or X.

Yes yes, I know I can contact Keith directly but this might help others "get off the fence" who might be waiting for someone to ask that very question.
BEFORE mufflers is what I did for my x-pipe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
X-Pipe

I added x pipe and Spintech muffler this week. Dual 2.5" in and single 3" out. Connected that to stock tail with resonator intact and finished with Black tip.
Sounds incredible. No Drone at Highway speeds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
When I ran True Duals (BA Set up), I first had the H-Pipe for years. I then later changed it to the X-Pipe out of pure "I wonder IF...?"..
Results? I couldn't tell the difference!!
The X-Pipe looked more BadAzz though..

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just installed a H pipe.
I can not tell of any low end torque loss. If anything I may have picked up a few.
Switched to dual 2.5: SS piping, H pipe, 2 Black Widow Mufflers 250s, and rear exit

·
Registered
29 Posts

I have the TRD dual exhaust and wanted to add an X pipe. The local muffler shop said there wasn't enough room to cut in and add an X pipe without cutting out my flanges. I want to keep it bolt on so I had them change the muffler to an internal X-pipe muffler and added helmholtz tubes. It looked a little Frankenstein, but it is bolt on and the wife is happy it isn't too loud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts