Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Meant "add a leaf" for the topic. Is our leaf pack the same as a normal tundra?

I currently have a 2" readylift on top of the pro suspension but would like to get rid of the block for aal's for a little stiffer back end. I tow a 7x14 trailer here and there and have a camper shell on the way. A little stiffer leaf pack instead of a block should help prevent some sag in the back. Im looking at the icon progressive aal"s that provide 1.5" of lift. I will probably add a 1" block with it and sit 2.5 lift in the rear compared to the 2" front from the readylift that's installed. Any input?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've always had body roll with shackles in the past so I'm kinda avoiding them. The ready lift +2 sst kit comes with uca's. As for CV angles, since the pro is set at +2 already, it's only 2" additional. The kit came with a diff drop and I've had no issues with the angles nor any noise or vibrations from the cv's. I did have a noise issue with install of the ready lift but the instructions were very vague and I missed a shock spacer that has to be cut out of the factory top hat. That issue is fixed now. For the rear, I would like a little stiffening from the aal's but I want to maybe up the rear lift by .5" or 1". I don't mind if the back is a little high similar to stock.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I added the icons with 2" CB shackles in the rear. it will do what you say you want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the cb shackles hit the TRD exhaust at all? I know toytec shackles said you have to modify the exhaust to install. I'm assuming that's because they are wider than CB's?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Do the cb shackles hit the TRD exhaust at all? I know toytec shackles said you have to modify the exhaust to install. I'm assuming that's because they are wider than CB's?
The CB shackles, or anyone else's, will cause the springs to hit the exhaust at full droop. it has nothing to do with the width. it is the suspension on the pro.
most people don't know and don't care because a full droop situation is pretty rare and most people do not off road that much.
I cut my tail pipes off so they wont get hit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
After a good bit of research I've decided to go with the OME Dakar CS055R leaf pack 2-2.5" plus the OME D28XL extra leaf set .5" for a total of <=3" in the rear. A little pricier than shackle/aal combo but it's keeps it simplified and I've always been a fan of OME products. I know after they break in and sag that it'll probably sit a little under 3" total which is fine because the rake will still be less than a stock tundras rake and I don't really care to have a "leveled" look. At the same time, if it's sits to ass high for my comfort I can remove the extra leaf set and sit leveled. I'll get to break it in pretty good towing a 7x14 trailer and having a camper shell on in route to Alaska.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.