Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Actuators

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  frobroboy 
#1 ·
My 2006 2WD Double Cab has been the most amazing truck, I've owned a 95 regular cab V6, no A/C, manual everything other than power steering and brakes(that thing flew) a 96 Tacoma 4WD Extra Cab(4CYL) which had the same horsepower as my 95 and was also manual everything except steering and brakes. So I'm a huge Toyota fan having owned 4 total. I maintain the heck out of my 2006 but this actuator issue with locks is a big pain. I've been reading about people replacing the actuators and them only working for a brief time, sometimes or all the time. Has anyone come across a solution before i go and replace 2 actuators? Any advice would be epic. Thanks Tundra Talk!!!

#2 ·
I've replaced the front passenger door actuator on my 2012 Tundra. After replacing it with a new one, it didn't work a few months later. I went back in to see what was wrong and as I inspected the interior door handle, I found that the part where the cable connects to it was partially broken. With that part broken, sometimes the cable would come up enough to not allow the cable to fully pull and unlock the door. When installing a new actuator pay close attention to that part and make sure the that it open and closes fully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.