Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the actual thickness/height of your '3 inch lift' spacer, including brand name as well??

I have a daystar spacer in mine and it is 2.5" tall.

I'm looking for a bit less lift than this spacer gives is why the question.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
2.5" tall? :yikes: That damn thing is giving you about 4" of lift, ain't it? :eek:

3" level spacers should be between 1.75" and 1.875" thick.

My level kit measures 1.75" tall, from EZlift. According to the math, it probably only lifted my truck 2.8"....real hard to tell though.
Hey BDT, I have never done an actual level kit but with my shims it was exactly a 2-1 ratio; 1/2" of shim gave me exactly 1" of lift. Any idea why the same does not hold true for a level kit since it also goes above the coil? Is there just some point where it is no longer a 2-1 ratio?

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Yeah, it has always seemed odd to me. Maybe David will chime in since he knew before hand that I would get exactly 1" of lift from his shims so maybe he knows the secret formula :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.5" tall? :yikes: That damn thing is giving you about 4" of lift, ain't it? :eek:

3" level spacers should be between 1.75" and 1.875" thick.

My level kit measures 1.75" tall, from EZlift. According to the math, it probably only lifted my truck 2.8"....real hard to tell though.
That's interesting..EZ Lift says their Leveling spacer gives a 2" lift ??

·
Registered
577 Posts
This crude 2 line drawing of the front suspension might help give a little visual.

Red= spacer or level kit
black line on top = uca/spindle
black line on bottom = strut/LCA.

angles of the UCA/LCA, and where the spacer is mounted compared to where the tire actually is mounted is what creates the lift.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I got 2" lift with my 1.25" spacer, that works out to 1.6:1

·
Registered
15 Posts
How big of a rear block comes on stock height. My 07 already came with a level kit when I bought it, I was just trying to figure out if it was a 3/1 level kit. my front spacer measures 2.25" (bolt flange to bolt flange). Rear block is 2".

·
Registered
174 Posts
I remember when you told me you got 1" out of the 1/2" shims...and I couldn't believe it. (didn't doubt you, it just went against everything that I thought I learned) :lol: By my calculations, a 1/2" top spacer should have given you .8" of lift....which is pretty damn close to 1" anyway....but....

In my research on our trucks, I found that the ratio is 1.6 times spacer thickness = lift height.
i.e., the following seem to be true:
1.25" thick spacers give 2" lift.
1.5" thick spacers give 2.4" lift.
1.75" thick spacers give 2.8" lift.
1.875" thick spacers give 3" lift..

So...I have no clue how to answer your question :D It is basic geometry, triangles angles, length of sides, etc, and can be proven one way or the other, with angle and triangle side measurements, I assume...
Excellent post. I was going to ask my my Supreme Suspensions front spacers are only 1.5". This explains it all. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Well its apparent its not a linear ratio. But it sounds like the higher you go the greater the ratio and that may be due to a loss/gain of leverage as the lca angle increases/decreases. May also be good to factor in wheel offset, as it increases more leverage is applied on the spring upward lessening the lift. Regardless Bad Dads 1.6 multiplier is a spot on rule of thumb.

Ok going back in my hole now :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Excellent post. I was going to ask my my Supreme Suspensions front spacers are only 1.5". This explains it all. Thank you.
Have you had any issues at all with your leveling kit.....balljoints, vibes, etc?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well its apparent its not a linear ratio. But it sounds like the higher you go the greater the ratio and that may be due to a loss/gain of leverage as the lca angle increases/decreases. May also be good to factor in wheel offset, as it increases more leverage is applied on the spring upward lessening the lift. Regardless Bad Dads 1.6 multiplier is a spot on rule of thumb.

Ok going back in my hole now :)
this is why i'm running a bigger wheel spacer on the front then the back.....that .25" difference makes all the difference. in more ways then one:D

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Who put this back on life support?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts