Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever r&r an ac unit on any vehicle? I'm about to replace mine on my 07 dc n I'm trying to get all the info I can, so any help is greatly appreciated! ! Thanks in advance!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
What is the problem? Not making cold air? You need to find the leak. Not too many places that can leak all the refrigerant out.

My truck was in a head on collision, Had to replace the condensor. Pulled a vacuum on the system and recharged it.

Do not put the refrigerent that contains the leak stop! Find the leak and fix it and recharge it with 134a.

What were you referring to when you say "replace"?

KO

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
and don't try and cut corners and not pull a vacuum. Suck it down and hold it for 30-60 minutes to make sure all the moisture is out of the system.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the problem? Not making cold air? You need to find the leak. Not too many places that can leak all the refrigerant out.

My truck was in a head on collision, Had to replace the condensor. Pulled a vacuum on the system and recharged it.

Do not put the refrigerent that contains the leak stop! Find the leak and fix it and recharge it with 134a.

What were you referring to when you say "replace"?

KO
well the air is cold so it's not a leak, the air is just not coming out fast & not at all at times. So I got a used ac unit n I plan on replacing it. When the air is not coming out no matter what setting I put it on it won't work. When it does come out it will go to any temp I put it so it will get cold but it's not strong

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the blower, not the AC system. It should do the same thing on heat settings too, right?

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you need to replace the blower, not the AC system. It should do the same thing on heat settings too, right?
Kind of sometimes in won't turn on at all when I have it on the ac, but it will always turn on with the heat. But if it doesn't turn on then the heat won't go on either, if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
When you say "a/c unit", Where on the truck does this part need to go? We are just trying to learn what you skill level is.

Please let us know how you came to the conclusion that your a/c unit may be bad. We really want to help, but we need to know what depth of descriptions we need to use on our end.

KO

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am strictly a novice to this stuff for instance I think the ac is goin out because it's not blowing air, I didn't know anything about a blower to today. As of right now I just checked the blower behind the dash n it seems to b real dirty cause I turned the ac on n nothing came out so I spun the fan on the blower n the ac started working, So I think big Shasta was right that it is the blower n not the ac compressor. Now if it is the blower should I take it all apart n clean with air compressor or something like that?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Good deal! In the future, when it comes auto repairs, think simple things. Big things don't usually fail unless something simple was contributed to it.

Have searched for the "cabin filter replacement" thread? If not I'm sure yours is very dirty. It is located behind the glove box. No tools are needed. Look it up and report back.

KO

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
U guys r gonna kill me, I looked for the cabin filter once n I thought they didn't put one in my truck. I saw a space for I but didn't see a filter, anyways I looked again right now n I found it so basically I haven't changed it for 193k miles:(. I'm goin to get one n I'm going to take out the blower tonight n clean it. My question now is what is the chances that all I have to do is clean the motor n it will work good again? Or do u think u took a big toll on the blower motor n I'll need a new one?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
We can't really tell you. If the blower turns on and you can make the blower change speeds using the adjustment knob, then you are in pretty good shape.

The blower is protected from burning itself up by fuses. If the blower is not turning when you call for it, check those first. Remember, think simple things.

Later

KO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts