Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I can remember my AC/Heater has always whistled at me when it's at the highest setting if a vent is closed. However recently even with all vents open I'm hearing a whistling from I believe the passengers floor vent when on max. If I turn it to top vents only I hear a very faint whistle that almost isn't there.

Does anyone else have this? It's honestly somewhat annoying and I haven't been using max setting because of it. Just curious if it's anything I might need checked out. Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have this problem as well, i also have a whistling sound which seems to come from the front of the truck that was not their before i installed my billet grill. It gets worse as speed increases but i'm not about to remove the grill because of it. I have just learned to live with these little problems and have come to the realization that NO machine is perfect, try turning the radio up......it seems to help.:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have this problem either but wonder if you just have real good flow which is why your getting this whistle. To much air comming out and not enough vents open ????
Well that's what I was thinking when I closed up a vent. So typically I just left them all open. However it's strange that now even with all vents open I hear it still.

Have you chacked your cabin airfilter. If it is dirty it could cause a whistleing noise.
I haven't checked it. I'm not sure where it is either. Does anyone know exactly where it's at? I'll take a look.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I see, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Though I'm really doubting it's the problem. Does anyone else ever have to change out theirs?
You would be quite suprised. I took my cabin filter out at 11 months 9k miles and it was covered with leaves. I had a whistle noise start and that was it. Once out you will have to pull the leaves that fall onto the fan off. If you have large hands you might have to enlist the help of someone who does have small hands. Spin the fan (sits flat) and pick them out. There is no screen or anything before the filter so it cathces everything. I suggest cleaning it every 3-4 months by pulling it out and knocking out the debris, and replacing it every year. They sell them on Amazon for 15 bucks. My dad has a tundra too (I have an 08 dbl cab, he has an 07 reg cab) and he had the same thing (whistle), and keeping it clean takes care of it, at least for us.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Sounds like a leaf somewhere in the ducting. Have you checked each vent by shining a bright light down them?
If you have a CrewMax then don't forget our trucks have vents in the back too, so the noise could be coming from the center console area.

Does the whistle play any kind of tune, and if so can you hum it and we'll try and identify it for you...
:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue. My cabin filter is clean and I only hear this when I turn on the A/C-Heater. I have not looked down my vents, but I did blow some air down them. Anyone find a solution?

·
Registered
490 Posts
My '07 whistles at speeds above 40 mph, with or without the fan turned on. The cabin filter is clean, and I can reduce the noise slightly by turning the recirculating button on. I think it's coming from the extra long doors, but I have yet to nail down the source.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I maybe wrong but the fan is probably turning when the vent is open. Mine 07 whistled and I cleaned the fan and it went away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts