Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tundra is going in for its 20k service next week.
I've been having 2 issues I hope to get feedback for before going to the dealer.
First shifting. It began as a quick downshift when I'd momentarily coast on the freeway then quickly upshift back into 6th gear with . Now it seems to like to compression brake in a lower gear around town ,much as I would have done off road.but it's never been off road yet.
Second the abs feels way too sensitive. The truck has seen two New England winters and with the stock ltx a/s tires , there is no snow braking at all without the abs kicking in. Then I skid for a very long abs pumping distance. I am scarred sh!!less driving in any snow at all. The first season was brand new tires. Are these tires that bad or is there a history of abs problems?
My previous truck (Chevy) had ltx m/s , and they were the best snow tire I've ever run.
And while the tundra runs a/s tires I can't help but think there may be a problem.Additionally the abs kicked in on the freeway and once in town in a hard brakeing instance on dry pavement.
Any response of similar experience and solution will be apreciated.
Sf

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
You've got major issues if it kicked on while driving down the freeway.

As far as the engine braking, are you in tow/haul mode or sport mode? That's the only time I've really seen it aggressively target (but it's not random, it's when braking off the throttle pretty heavily).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had similar problems. I had the tranny serviced by a friends shop and new tires & shocks out at the same time. Since then I have had a few issues. The tranny will shift back and forth between 2nd-3rd when accelerating from stop. It will also act like it's in neutral when accelerating from stop. This all happens at random times during drives. Truck has been back to tranny shop 3-4 times and still no answer. I think it's electronic but afraid to take it to a dealership and get robbed for all I'm worth.

The traction control goes off on when making banked turns like freeway on/off ramps. Sounds like the truck is breaking, I know it's not.

Did you go to the dealer? What did they say?

Nick
07 trd
Nitto 275/75/18r

1 - 3 of 3 Posts