Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching this forum off and on for the last few months. I am in the process of dealing with some of my other vehicles, then will be picking up a '13 Tundra.

Truck:
-2013 Double Cab / 5.7 / 4x4 / TRD / Silver

Options:
-3M film on hood, fenders and headlights
-Running boards (the ones that almost form a seal against the body of the truck, to help keep road crap off the truck)
-mudflaps (if they are not standard issue)
-block heater
-bed liner (rather this over the spray on since I will have a snowmobile in the truck bed and the carbide runners will slowly cut through the spray on liner)

I have test driven the truck and am happy with everything (would like leather, but it all comes down to how much $$ I have in the bank).

What are some opinions of my description above? Has anyone regretted anything that I'm looking to purchase, or is there something that is definitely worth a closer look?

Thanks in advance, from northern Alberta, Canada

I hope to be part of the club within the next month!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds good to me...
Except the 2013 part, see what they can do price wise vs a used 09-12 with low miles, can maybe spring for leather then.
Sounds like sr-5 if no leather?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, SR5 with the TRD package.

Leather is not a big deal to me; I've never had it in any of my cars. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. As far as used, these trucks command a premium even after a few years. If I were to buy a... 2011 with super low miles for example, I would save about $8-10k but would be in the 6-7% finance range. New are at 0% for 48 months. After the interest on the loan, it's damn near the same money but I can have one that hasn't been "previously loved" and whatever goes along with that... hahaha. :drive:

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

Any others? Come on! There are lots of you reading this, help me out. Or I might go buy a GM instead :D (absolutely no way in he!! that will happen)

·
Banned
513 Posts
6-7% on used your getting ripped.... find a local credit union and get preapproved for a certain amount with good interest rates. Once you've done that you just walk into whatever dealership gives ya the best deal and drive home in the truck. I bought my current truck last year in the last quarter, typically when they will discount the trucks with large rebates. Best dealerships to find good deals at are usually the larger dealerships, unless you know the GM or GSM personally at a local dealership.

If you can qualify for 0% new... you can get 3-4% used easily.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love leather! I like to buy the very highest end used vehicles I can. Luxury at a more affordable cost, and, usually people who buy luxury really take excellent care.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I love leather! I like to buy the very highest end used vehicles I can. Luxury at a more affordable cost, and, usually people who buy luxury really take excellent care.
Leather is great but not a reason to buy a car you can add leather that's better than factory for pretty cheap I do it every day, in fact it's a good way to get a used price but still have new upholstery kinda win win

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I guess it depends on where you live. In the cold months, leather sucks even with butt warmers, in the hot months a sweaty ass is never a good thing. To each their own.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah, I agree, cold in winter, sweaty in summer. OTOH it's worn like iron in my Jetta. Not all leather is the same, and it's probably not that expensive to redo seats when they wear out, but I know I have liked the heated leather seats in my Jetta more often than I have disliked them. I usually like how I can slide around more easily in the seat than on cloth ones.

My wife has never liked the leather seats in my car. She's also never cleaned up kid vomit off my car seats (I have, and it was stupid easy). With my kids getting older though I didn't feel like I needed them, like I did when we were thinking about starting our family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts