Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 5100s on top setting to level my truck. After loading up 500lb of dirt in the bed, I was sad how bad it gave it a cali lean. I want some of the factory rake back, but with the capability of holding weight without sagging. I plan on loading up my bed with 750-1000lb of crap and pulling a U haul trailer (4400lb gross weight/2000dry)

I will also need new rear shocks, right side is blown. I was thinking 5100s. What other options do I have?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Custom built progressive leaf pack. I ordered mine from Alcan with additional preload. I have a build thread on TS with my initial impressions. You can also inquire about HD spring packs with Deaver Atlas OME and Im sure Im forgetting a couple others.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other options? On a tight budget. I found some OE billys on ebay for 100/pair. Anyone with an AAL?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Start with the cheap option, aal. It will help with sagging, even though you may not like the stiff ride. Try them and see if you could live with the ride.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I have both 1.5" AAL and CB's +3 Shackles. The AAL is good for carrying extra weight, but kinda sucks when not loaded. I have weight in the back ALL the time. If you don't, then think twice because it will be stiff ride when unloaded. Depends on use...If you are okay with the ride loaded/unloaded and you just want extra rear lift, get Coachbuilder's Shackles. It is the best option...much better than blocks although a little more expensive, worth it.

I understand the money limitations. For occasional or varying loads and pulling trailers the air bags are probably your best bet. They allow you to adjust for different loads/reasons.

My 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I carry a fairly loaded toolbox in the bed. I would say an easy 150lb min of total weight.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
You may be fine with AAL ride then. I think 150 lbs. is the specified constant weight for rear end to balance out the AAL stiffness added. If it were less its a judgement call. In the case of AAL's more is better. Toyec sells one for $85 that does 1-1.5". Tell them your on TT and they will discount. It's a good starting place and cheapest.

You can always add Coachbuilder's Shackles later...I would and did. Look at his products. The shackles and bushing set will help several issues in the rear. And David is a solid guy too. Don't be affraid to ask guys like him. They are way smarter than me...I learn from him.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered and installed OME rear socks and toytec AAL, made by Deaver. I love it, the rear is an inch higher and it should level out loaded. Took it trail riding and now the 5100 are lacking in the awesomeness department. Contemplating OME and LR UCA or c/o

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
715 Posts
What is AAL?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
40 front left
40 front right
40.5 rear left
40.5 rear right. I thought they were suppose to give 1.5-2 inches. Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts