Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed out my non JBL HU for a Kenwood HU because I wanted a back up camera. Now my question is, how much difference would I see if I changed out the stock front door speakers with some Focal speakers? Would it be that noticeable? Long story short would it be worth the $$.

I realize this is a fairly subjective question but i bet you understand what i am asking.

Thanks,

·
Registered
333 Posts
Putting brands aside, you are going to see large improvement up to a point. You shouldn't go out and buy a set of high dollar components and try to run them off of a head unit's internal amplifier but if you get a nice set of coaxials, they should sound great. If you have never listened to Focal or some of the other highly regarded speaker brands I would encourage you to do so. They all sound a bit different and you may love one and not like something else. For example, Focals are a bit bright for me so I tend to look elsewhere at something with a silk dome tweeter. And when you listen, you need to tell whoever is doing the demo that you want to hear them run only off of the head unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts