Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mind is made up.....I think!:D The truck has a 3/1 Level and I'm planning on 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers and Fuel Throttle's in a 20x9 on a Silver Sky Tundra. I'm still trying to decide on Throttles vs Kranks but I'm leaning towards Throttles like these.

Offset is where I'm hung up on making a decision. I plan on possibly adding Pocket Flares in a year or so. I kind of like the clean look without flares though and figured I'd run without them for a while. It looks like either +14 or +25 are the offsets offered. I believe the +14 is what I'm leaning to because I like the aggressive look of the wheels out a little but I don't want them to look too goofy and be sticking out too far if I don't end up going with flares. Comments, Concerns? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Like JC said, +14 if you plan on flares, the +25 will look tucked in with flares which is why I don't run flares on my +35 wheels.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here is +25 with oem flare (305 55 20)

And without (these are my 285 60 20's I used to have) haven't taken any recent pics with the 305's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: mcbojo99

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was in the same boat as you just within the last 3 months. I couldn't decide between the Boosts or the Kranks. We called Fuel at the tire place and they said that they only offer them in a +20 as listed on their web site, not +25 (not sure about the +14). If they are listed as +25, then they are old left over stock or most likely not advertised correctly. I ended up getting the +20 Boosts with 295/70/18 Trails and even at +20, they stick out at least 2 inches. The Kranks were back ordered when I bought in March so the decision was easier. If you have not already done so, try giving Fuel a call and see if this still holds true. Truck is in my signature.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Good choice on wheels here is mine with -12 offset same wheel, I think it's perfect for flared

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Red rum, truck looks great. I know that in many states, it's illegal to have the rubber exposed out of fender (I believe in PA, no portion of the rubber could be outside the fender). Have you been pulled over for that reason? Just curious.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info everyone! Rimzoneonline.com has them listed as +14 or +25 however Fuels website only shows +1 and +20. :dunno: I guess I'll have to call direct and see what's actually available as I'm sure +1 is going to be a lil on the wide side!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Red rum, truck looks great. I know that in many states, it's illegal to have the rubber exposed out of fender (I believe in PA, no portion of the rubber could be outside the fender). Have you been pulled over for that reason? Just curious.
Hey thanks a lot, it's strange to see it without BHLM now. I've never had any trouble with the wheel being that far out of the fender. I do live in texas and they are pretty relaxed with most of their law enforcing. I do know that in jersey you can't have more then 2 inches outside the fender according to a few members here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got in contact with Rimzone and they informed me that Fuel is currently offering the wheels in either a +1 or +20. Dammit! I had my mind set on the happy middle of +14! :) I guess I'm leaning towards the +20's now. I agree that +1 would be tits if I end up with Pocket flares but I may end up not running flares at all and in that case I think they'd be out a lil too far for my liking. I guess I could always run some spacers if I decide to do flares. Oh, and they're also on backorder till the beginning of July so I've got a week or two to think it out. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts