Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a '11 Tundra and unfortunately, the seller didn't inform me of a broken AC blend door. AC/Heat was stuck on defrost. Common problem I'm finding out. Anyway, found a salvage yard online that shipped me a gear that goes on one of the servo controlled flapper doors on the drivers side. Also ordered a new servo plate with both the upper and lower servos. I was able to connect the 2 wire connectors to the servo motors and test everything using the Climate Control knobs. Installed the plate/servos and something was misaligned. Removed the servo plate, tested it again and it was working fine. Reinstalled it, believing everything was clocked and it went into place nicely. Reconnected the 2 wire connectors and I'm not getting any response. AC still blows cold, blower motor works but nothing else. I removed the servo motors and now I can't get them to do anything. This happened a few times when I was trying to repair the old servo motors but I was able to fix it by removing the positive battery cable and reinstalling. Is this related to the truck ECM being confused about the positions of servos/flapper doors? Should I replace the Temperature control unit? Please help.

· Registered
116 Posts
Am providing a link to discussion about '07 Tundra.....it is a 2nd gen like yours so may be applicable. I know that the thread discussion is not about your problem but it contains this statement:

"In the Toyota service manual it states you have to perform the calibration of the A/C system after battery, A/C amplifier or a Servo change out. In Techstream its a simple procedure that recalibrates the servos if you have auto climate control its under Air Conditioning module and the active test button. Doesn't work for manual climate controls in my experience though and will take a fully operational dual zone manual system to a misaligned system that only works on defrost."

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/t...imate-control-system-delay-after-startup.html

It would not surprise me if a recalibration is needed after the new servo door is installed. Maybe others can comment.

I don't have access to the FSM but have a 2017 Tundra and would love to get a copy. As my Tundra comes out of warranty, intending to invest in Mongoose Pro2 and pay for access to Toyota TIS/TechStream or perhaps buy AutoEnginuity Asian package (I maintain mostly Toyota's but have a Honda & Mazda in the "fleet"). I think either would provide bi-directional control necessary to do the recalibration. Have a BlueDriver which will read all systems but no bi-directional control and lots of repair procedures on newer vehicles require it.

Good Luck,
Buckaroo

· Registered
3 Posts
I bit the bullet had this repaired on my 2007 at a Toyota dealership to the tune of $3250! They took a week and sent me photos of my truck with absolutely nothing left on my dash. No steering column, nothing, zip, zero! What an ordeal!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts