Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of wine in 1 liter bottles? good stuff is usually in 750's?

Good stuff also comes in magnums. The 1L bottle is a trademark of Gruner from Austria that’s okay quality. It’s all about making it easy and thirst quenching. This was a white blend in liter bottles from an organic winemaker in California that I delivered to an account. Definitely a thirst quenching bottle of wine. And sealed in crown cap too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well, in case anyone was wondering, this is what a ‘17 Crewmax with an OME/Dakar lift looks like with 756 1-liter bottles of wine in the bed.

Side question are those Fallken AT tires and size?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YIKES! Just the liquid alone is over 1500 lbs..... and that's a lot of glass.

We figured it was around 2600 lbs. The truck drove just fine but I didn’t expect that much sag in the suspension.
Oh and I measured before and after: 3.5” of compression!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Side question are those Fallken AT tires and size?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep, the AT3/W in 275/65/20. Pretty happy with them except they don’t do nearly as well in the rain as my Toyo A/T did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, in case anyone was wondering, this is what a ‘17 Crewmax with an OME/Dakar lift looks like with 756 1-liter bottles of wine in the bed.

Here’s the truck dry for reference, should have put this up originally. The rear shot is actually the day my ARB lift was re-installed after ditching the Toytec AAL.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We figured it was around 2600 lbs. The truck drove just fine but I didn’t expect that much sag in the suspension.
Oh and I measured before and after: 3.5” of compression!

You didn't expect that much sag being over 1,000 pounds overloaded?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You didn't expect that much sag being over 1,000 pounds overloaded?

If your real question is if I knew it was overloaded, then yes, I did. Still, I didn’t expect it to compress as much as it did but I was not sure what to expect as I have never loaded near that much into the truck before.
Next week I have SuperSprings going on the Dakar leaf pack to help when I tow a big 20’ cargo trailer, but even the tongue weight loaded shouldn’t come close to what I had in there yesterday with the wine. I’ll be interested to see how the SSprings do overall.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice! What’s your suspension setup? I kind of wish I could do it all over again once the SuperSprings go on next week.

For the rear I have Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks & coach builder shackles. My last tundra I had on board air with bags in the rear, I do miss that when loaded up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good stuff also comes in magnums. The 1L bottle is a trademark of Gruner from Austria that’s okay quality. It’s all about making it easy and thirst quenching. This was a white blend in liter bottles from an organic winemaker in California that I delivered to an account. Definitely a thirst quenching bottle of wine. And sealed in crown cap too!

I am familiar with Gruner Vetlinner which I love with Thai food.

What is this wine you speak of, actually I would love to see the packaging.

<Winery & vineyard employee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts