Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have a 2017 Tundra CM that I picked up from the dealer with a 7" ProComp lift installed, along with 37" Cooper MTs. The problem I'm having is that the rear sits lower than the front by about an inch-inch and a half. I want to correct this...I hate the bulldog stance.

After looking around I've come up with the following:
  • The PC kit lifts the rear via a 3" block and an AAL, which I believe is supposed to bring the rear up by about 4-4.5"
  • My plan would be to remove the block and factory leaf pack (w/AAL) and replace it with the OME Dakar leaf pack with the additional leaf installed (+3" or so) and also install a set of Coachbuilder 2" shackles.
  • The OMEs and shackle combo should net me about 5" of total lift in the rear, which should accomplish my goal of being level or +.5" in the rear. Agree?

This is where I get a little confused, and would like some advice. Am I lifting the rear too much with my plan above? From what I can ascertain the PC lift kit should be lifting the rear about 4-4.5" from stock. Since this is too low by about an inch, logic would dictate that I need to raise it up the rear 5" from stock to obtain the ride stance that I'm after. Make sense?

I often have heavy loads in the bed of the truck, so the additional stiffness the AAL provides is actual a bonus for me. I haul and tow far more often than I offroad the truck.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I wasn’t aware ome springs would give 3”. I did the skyjacker 4” leafs and measured after install to see how much higher I needed to go, then ordered shackles accordingly. Think I did coach’s +2’s which gave me 1/2” of rake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LF: 46”
RF: 46.5”
LR: 45.25”
RR: 45.375

As measured from the ground to the centerline of the wheel well. Note: Bushwacker fender flares are installed on the truck in question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skyjacker....

I wasn’t aware ome springs would give 3”. I did the skyjacker 4” leafs and measured after install to see how much higher I needed to go, then ordered shackles accordingly. Think I did coach’s +2’s which gave me 1/2” of rake

Looks like the OME Dakar’s as is will net 2.5”, but there’s an optional leaf you can install that will add + 15mm, which is just over .5”. I’ve considered your approach and just doing the leaf pack then determining what I need to do from there, but would prefer to do it all in one shot if possible. Hadn’t considered the Skyjackers....got no to look over there as well now....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did similar but with a BDS 7". Skyjacker +4 and CoachBuilder +3. Added a Toytec 1/4" spacer under driver side leaf pack to offset fuel tank droop. Turned out perfect.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Looks like the OME Dakar’s as is will net 2.5”, but there’s an optional leaf you can install that will add + 15mm, which is just over .5”. I’ve considered your approach and just doing the leaf pack then determining what I need to do from there, but would prefer to do it all in one shot if possible. Hadn’t considered the Skyjackers....got no to look over there as well now....

That makes sense, I definitely feel you on the “wanting to do it once”. Only thing is the variances in different trucks. My truck had 3” of rake straight off the lot and the sky jackers only netted me 3.5” of lift. My initial thought was to do the +1 shackles but decided to wait until the leafs were installed to make sure, glad I did because the shackles aren’t cheap. Lol. Yes it’ll be a 2 part process but it’ll be guaranteed, or you might get lucky first go around. Either way GL ??

·
Registered
150 Posts
LF: 46”
RF: 46.5”
LR: 45.25”
RR: 45.375

As measured from the ground to the centerline of the wheel well. Note: Bushwacker fender flares are installed on the truck in question.

We have similar setups. I’m on cooper stt 37s, skyjacker leafs and toytec shackles. Same flares. I’ll measure again but I’m around 47.5-48 in height. Pro comp lift with icon piggy’s all around

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have similar setups. I’m on cooper stt 37s, skyjacker leafs and toytec shackles. Same flares. I’ll measure again but I’m around 47.5-48 in height. Pro comp lift with icon piggy’s all around

IF you’d call check your measurements again I’d be very grateful. Very curious to know what your setup tapes in at. What size Toytes shackles? I’m not familiar With their offerings. Similar in quality to the Coachbuilders?

One last thing: what’s your opinion on the Icons? I’m running the stock ProComp shocks, and while ok, they could be improved upon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
IF you’d call check your measurements again I’d be very grateful. Very curious to know what your setup tapes in at. What size Toytes shackles? I’m not familiar With their offerings. Similar in quality to the Coachbuilders?

One last thing: what’s your opinion on the Icons? I’m running the stock ProComp shocks, and while ok, they could be improved upon.

Hey man sorry for the delay. Been entertaining guests all weekend and work has been kicking my butt this week. I measured today and my rear is actually at 47” because I put my topper back on a few weeks back. The toytec shackles are a one size deal that allows for either a 1 or 1.5” lift in the rear. I really liked the price point and the craftsmanship and build is really good. Search the forum for pics.

Icons are great. Granted, I’m pretty weighed down now with front/rear bumpers and a shell. I’ve heard the valving in the icons are slightly different than say king but I’m happy with them. Of course each brand will have their fanboys and both are customizable to your liking. I think any of the aforementioned brands would be good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey man sorry for the delay. Been entertaining guests all weekend and work has been kicking my butt this week. I measured today and my rear is actually at 47” because I put my topper back on a few weeks back. The toytec shackles are a one size deal that allows for either a 1 or 1.5” lift in the rear. I really liked the price point and the craftsmanship and build is really good. Search the forum for pics.

Icons are great. Granted, I’m pretty weighed down now with front/rear bumpers and a shell. I’ve heard the valving in the icons are slightly different than say king but I’m happy with them. Of course each brand will have their fanboys and both are customizable to your liking. I think any of the aforementioned brands would be good.

What a great looking truck- what shell is that?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Old thread, but if OP still working on this, I went with OME springs for the rear, got closer to 3" lift, added a shackle kit to the rear with three adjustment positions which gives you even more lift if needed in 1/2" incremental adjustments. Turns out I'm on lowest setting and sit level with 6" lift front.

Recently switched to their OME shocks as well and ride is pretty nice. Best part for me is when I put pallets of tile or other heavy loads sag in rear is minimal, fork lift operators often comment on minimal sag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.