Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.. can u fit a 7 inch double din cd player in a 07 tundra.....i have one at the house but it wont fit in my dash kit....do they sell a dash kit that will fit a 7 inch screen??????

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a power acoustik double din 7'' lcd cd player.....i had a pioneer double did but it was like a 6'' screen or maybe 5.. it was a old one.... the power acoustik dont fit....and yes i know its not top of the line shit....lol..put just need something to play my cd's..

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
contact your local stereo shop and give them the name and model of your head unit, they can probably match up a dash kit for ya bro. But you've probably done this by now, lol

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I had a 7" in my tundra before I went back to the stock one so I could just stream music from my phone again.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
so did u have a dash kit, what model, what type, help Justin out, lol

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It was the metra flat black kit. I got it on amazon. I can't remember much else. It was a year ago

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The power acoustic is going to require dash kit modification no matter what kit you use, the front of the unit is larger than a conventional dbl din like pioneer or kenwood with 7" screen. That model was designed specifically for vehicles where it can slide in from the front leaving the screen sticking out a little.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thankss there big t....... yea plat... i already started doing some cutting to make it fit...going to hack up my old dash kit and get it right then just order a new one and try and cut it alot better then the first one...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can cut the kit out rough, then wrap the screen very very well with blue masking tape (put paper over the screen so that it doesn't mess up the screen sticking to it) then place the kit on the screen and fill in the cut out with first a layer or two of bondo right up to the screen once it harden pull it off and sand a bit to get it as smooth as possible, last for a perfect finish smooth over it one las time with a coat of glazing putty then sand smooth and paint, in the end you will have a dash kit that perfectly fits your head unit. This is a brief description of the same procedure I use to modify the dash of a car that didn't come from the factory with a double din.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts