Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon,

Long time Cummins owner finally switched to the dark side and bought a 15' 4x4 Crewmax. After grandpa'ing around in it for about 10k miles I decided I need to get back in the game and start the modification process.

I've decided to go with the 7" BDS non-coilover package w/ Fox shocks / rear shackle / etc. My question is what type of wheel / tire combo can I get and not have to body chop or worry about rubbing. By following the BDS guides right now I'm looking at some 20X9 5X5.5/5X150 5.00BS D538 Maverick - Fuel off-road Wheels & either some new 35X12.50 Nitro Mud Grapplers Tires or 35x12.5 Toyo's which I've had plenty of over the years.

Will either of these tire combo's fit correctly without cutting and the 7" lift? I like a wide stance with offset wheels that stick out passed the fenders so ideally I would really like a 20x10 or 20x12 but that doesn't seem feasible with modding. I've searched the forums and looked at hundreds of trucks trying to find a similar setup but haven't quite got the answer I'm looking for. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Afternoon,

Long time Cummins owner finally switched to the dark side and bought a 15' 4x4 Crewmax. After grandpa'ing around in it for about 10k miles I decided I need to get back in the game and start the modification process.

I've decided to go with the 7" BDS non-coilover package w/ Fox shocks / rear shackle / etc. My question is what type of wheel / tire combo can I get and not have to body chop or worry about rubbing. By following the BDS guides right now I'm looking at some 20X9 5X5.5/5X150 5.00BS D538 Maverick - Fuel off-road Wheels & either some new 35X12.50 Nitro Mud Grapplers Tires or 35x12.5 Toyo's which I've had plenty of over the years.

Will either of these tire combo's fit correctly without cutting and the 7" lift? I like a wide stance with offset wheels that stick out passed the fenders so ideally I would really like a 20x10 or 20x12 but that doesn't seem feasible with modding. I've searched the forums and looked at hundreds of trucks trying to find a similar setup but haven't quite got the answer I'm looking for. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If you are already cutting the frame for a bracket lift, the BMC should be no big deal. I just stuffed 37" Toyo RTs on my 3.5" lift, so there is no reason you can't do it with twice the lift. 35" are too small for that lift IMHO. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is my 2015 with a 7" BDS lift with fox coilovers and shocks. I later added a 1" BDS shackle to bring up the rear. 20X9 BMF Novakane 5 6"BC wrapped in 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Some minor rubbing on the front but that can be easily fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my 2015 with a 7" BDS lift with fox coilovers and shocks. I later added a 1" BDS shackle to bring up the rear. 20X9 BMF Novakane 5 6"BC wrapped in 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Some minor rubbing on the front but that can be easily fixed.
Very clean! Thank you for posting this. Is that a TRD pro front grille with an insert? Looks epic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No gear change, it would be ideal to change ring and pinion but really isn't a must. I use tow haul mode and use the sport mode to lock out 6 th gear if I want more power,, hills and such,, most of the time I drive around in regular drive mode. The 5.7 rips. I personally don't feel the $2500.00 is worth it as I only keep my truck for three years. Use the transmission and your good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts