Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got this combo on my rock warrior and the ride is bumpy on the concrete sections of the 25. It is better than stock but I was expecting it to solve the issue. For those that have this combo does the ride get smoother as it breaks in? Thank you

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've got the same combo plus airbags. It rides the same for me. Pretty good off-road causes me to go faster off-road.
It's gonna be bumpy that's most likely bed bounce some weight in the bed might help.
My bilstiens have 6k on em and they did break in after 4k.
What psi are you running in your tires?
I had my tires rotated and they load my tires with 50 psi it was very bumpy ride towing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much better was the ride quality after the 4k break in? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I25 sucks in places. I get bad bed bounce, worse when the tires are cold. Section from Castle Pines to Lincoln, downhill with more weight on the front is terrible at 70-75mph. I'm installing some Bilsteins when I get around to getting them on and some slightly larger Duratracs (275/70/18). I'll see if that helps. I was told some shackles and poly bushings would help some as well. Not quite as bad when I have my 50 gallon drum in the back filled with water - 300+lbs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thinking of doing this combo. I?m in Aurora, any recommendations for a shop to do install? I would do it myself, but the last coil spring I compressed popped on me and jacked my hand up so I said no more of that.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I just got this combo on my rock warrior and the ride is bumpy on the concrete sections of the 25.
I bought my truck a year ago in Denver and drove home (to NM) on the 25. It was like, WTF :eek: I knew about "bed bounce" but couldn't believe how bad it was! I was worn out from the bucking by the time I got out of town. That's the only place I've experienced it, BTW.

One thing I've heard that helps is poly shackle bushings. Weight in the bed usually helps too. First thing I'd try though is playing with tire pressure. What size tires?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking of doing this combo. I?m in Aurora, any recommendations for a shop to do install? I would do it myself, but the last coil spring I compressed popped on me and jacked my hand up so I said no more of that.
I used 4wheel off road parts for my installation. They were on point and they also aligned it perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.