Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Tundratalk,

I just purchased the Bilstein 6112/5160 setup. I went with this setup because of all of the good reviews I've read over this forum. Along with the setup I bought Bilstein's 1" rear block.

My questions is...

I want the leveled look for my truck and also want the maximum front lift of the 6112's. Will the 1" rear block make my truck level at the 6122's at 2.5" setting? or will i need to move it down? or add shims?

Any help would be great. I plan to get these installed next week at a shop and need to tell them what setting I want the front coil overs to be.

Pics would be great!
-J

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The 1" block will probably give you a little rake, but IMO that is perfect. You don't want to be ass draggin'. Or do you?

There is no way to know this stuff precisely because it depends many variables, like the exact truck you have and how much your springs have sagged.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I have my 6112's set on the 3 ring from the top (about 2.3 inch lift) and Toytec shackle set to 1 inch lift... leveled the truck up.
Personally I'd forgo the block and run adjustable rear shackles
^ This is great advice.
Skip the block and go for Toytec shackles.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...table-1-15-Lift-Shackles-07Tundra_p_1579.html

You'll have a 1 inch and 1.5 inch lift point to chose from.
Just try to select which one the first time you install..;)

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...03362-installed-my-toytec-shackles-today.html

I set my 6112s on the second to the lowest setting with 1 CB shim on each side thinking it would make the ride softer.
I doubt it did, it is pretty stiff even after 2 years.
I got 2.5 of front lift on that setting with a 2WD Tundra.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have my 6112's set on the 3 ring from the top (about 2.3 inch lift) and Toytec shackle set to 1 inch lift... leveled the truck up. Personally I'd forgo the block and run adjustable rear shackles

What size wheels and tires do you have on this setup. I want to run Fuel Contras 20x9 +20 mm offset. Also want to run close to 33 inch 11.5 wide. I don’t want any rubbing. Is that possible or do I need to go to a 3 in lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
What size wheels and tires do you have on this setup. I want to run Fuel Contras 20x9 +20 mm offset. Also want to run close to 33 inch 11.5 wide. I don’t want any rubbing. Is that possible or do I need to go to a 3 in lift.
The lift doesn't keep you from rubbing. You need to select the proper offset, and trim as necessary. You can fit 37s on a 2" lift with no rubbing if you do it right.

For what you want to do, only modest trimming should be needed if any.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 275/65/20 KO2's on the stock limited rims.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have 6112/5160 combo. The 6112 are set at the highest setting with two CB shims on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. In the back I have #2 CB shackles the result is dead nuts level on all four corners which was what I was looking for. Right now I have 18 x 9 Fuel Vapors with 285 70R 18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Had to do a little work with a heat gun on the inside of the front fenders but I have zero rubbing even in reverse which is nice.

Attachments

Reactions: kidrman

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have my 6112's set on the 3 ring from the top (about 2.3 inch lift) and Toytec shackle set to 1 inch lift... leveled the truck up. Personally I'd forgo the block and run adjustable rear shackles
This sounds like something I may want to do. Can I use existing TRD springs on the front or do you need to buy the bilstein springs as well?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
6112s come with springs.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have 6112/5160 combo. The 6112 are set at the highest setting with two CB shims on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. In the back I have #2 CB shackles the result is dead nuts level on all four corners which was what I was looking for. Right now I have 18 x 9 Fuel Vapors with 285 70R 18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Had to do a little work with a heat gun on the inside of the front fenders but I have zero rubbing even in reverse which is nice.

With the 6112 on highest setting :
Can the truck be correctly alighned , or do you need special upper control arms
If not level , how much positive rake ( rather not mess with the rear unless nessasary )
How do they ride , stiff ?
What's a CB shim ??

Thanks for any help . I'm overly cautious because I am coming from the lifted dodge cummins world that handles hideous ! My goal is to level the truck and if the rear is a tad higher that's fine because I haul stuff here and there .
Thanks 24hrsparkey .

·
Registered
10 Posts
From all I have read on the forum the truck can be aligned and you don't need a differential drop on the top setting. I believe the lift would be about 2.5". Over 2.5" you may need both.

You will however have no take and the front may be higher. If you don't want to mess with the rear put the 6112's on the second highest setting which will give you 1.9" of lift with slight rake. This would be about the same as the TRD Pro height and stance

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have 6112/5160 + toytec shackles, everything on max height. When I get around to it I'm going to bring the front down one notch. Why? Because with my camper shell, dogs, and gear in the back it sometimes has a slightly reversed rake. Also, the front seems like it has too much preload and is very bouncy on the highway. This is exaggerated with my 20" winter wheels, slightly better with my 18" summer wheels. See my build thread below for more pics and details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thodhye - Thanks for the post and pictures. Did you install the Diff Drop and/or Carrier Bearing Drop? I am about to put the 6112/5160 combo + CB +2 Shackles on my 14 CM and trying to figure out if those are needed. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
48 Posts
With the 6112 on highest setting :
Can the truck be correctly alighned , or do you need special upper control arms
If not level , how much positive rake ( rather not mess with the rear unless nessasary )
How do they ride , stiff ?
What's a CB shim ??

Thanks for any help . I'm overly cautious because I am coming from the lifted dodge cummins world that handles hideous ! My goal is to level the truck and if the rear is a tad higher that's fine because I haul stuff here and there .
Thanks 24hrsparkey .
Yes it aligned great, no problem at all with stock UCA's. In fact in my conversation with Dave Ekstrom from Coachbuilder who makes the shims and shackles, he said it would align with no issues and there was not a need for aftermarket UCA's. The truck handles and rides perfect for me I wouldn't change a thing. CB shims go onto of the coil over to give additional lift.

Reactions: 24hrsparkey

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I have 6112/5160 + toytec shackles, everything on max height. When I get around to it I'm going to bring the front down one notch. Why? Because with my camper shell, dogs, and gear in the back it sometimes has a slightly reversed rake. Also, the front seems like it has too much preload and is very bouncy on the highway. This is exaggerated with my 20" winter wheels, slightly better with my 18" summer wheels. See my build thread below for more pics and details.

Looks perfect! if you get a chance could you get a measurement from ground to wheel well and center hub to wheel wells?? Im leveled in front only, and would like to add Toytech Shackles in the back for 1" more, but not sure if should do 1 or 2 shims on my drivers side, trying to compare with where that put you at..Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
BIG thanks to this forum for all of the posts and information. After many months of reading and research I went with the 6112/5160 set up as well. I set 6112 to highest setting, and also went with the ICON leaf extension add a leaf set in the rear. I wanted to keep some rake, and I have about .5 inch as of now. I did the install myself. Sorry the pics are a little dark took them in my work's parking garage.

Disregard the tires they are almost bald, I am putting on Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/65 R20 this Saturday and hoping there is no rub.

Again - I am extremely thankful to everyone's posts and enjoyed looking at many many set ups posted on here that lead me down my journey.

Pics in case you care... before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Dude thats a beautiful truck and looks like it gets plenty of use as a Truck. Ive had a few cummins pavement princesses but i am completly done with that and use a truck as a truck like i used to .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Didn't the 6112's with 2 CB shims give you just over 3" in the front? Did you swap out your uca's?
I'm ordering the 6112/5160 setup today to replace my 3/1 spacer & block lift level. Keeping the block until I can afford cb shackles. I'm pulling the trigger based on your pic. Love it. Pics of my build are in my intro

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.