Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Tundra Crewmax 4x2.
I want to put a lift on it but it is purely for aesthetics as the only off-roading this truck is likely to see would be driving over the occasional curb.
I'm thinking about this: Rough Country - 75420 - 6-inch Suspension Lift Kit w/ Premium N2.0 Shocks & N2.0 Lifted Struts for Toyota: 07-15 Tundra 4WD/2WD.
6in Suspension Lift Kit for 07-15 Toyota Tundra | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

My question is this: this is a 6" lift on the front with a 4" lift on the back. the rear lift is a 4" block which I've heard causes a stiffer ride and axle wrap as well as other possible issues. Is there something else I should do in the back to achieve the 4" lift?
Or should i just not worry about it and just put this on as it is?

Feel free to be as specific as possible, step by step, links, whatever you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It will be just fine, more than half the world are running blocks on the rear end. I have a 4 inch block that came with my Procomp and I also tow a travel trailer . zero issues.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Not a huge fan of those kits. You can design your own that will be better. MaxTrac Spindles, bilstein 5100's on highest setting gets you approx 6" for the front without issues and is pretty affordable, and will ride much better - trust me I tried it both ways. Additionally, I did not have a good experience with the rear blocks, would suggest changing rear springs to OME's - solves a lot of problems. You'll also need carrier bearing drop, longer rear shocks, ebrake and brake line brackets to allow for the rear lift of greater than 1".

Be sure you really want 6" lift, there are tradeoffs in handling. If you can get by with less and still be happy it will save money - 3.5" front (Spindles only) and 1" rear (shakles) costs a lot less.... Plus with 6" lift you'll want 35 or 37" tires, then you may want to regear, and if you are supercharged, you may need traction bars as I did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not a huge fan of those kits. You can design your own that will be better. MaxTrac Spindles, bilstein 5100's on highest setting gets you approx 6" for the front without issues and is pretty affordable, and will ride much better - trust me I tried it both ways. Additionally, I did not have a good experience with the rear blocks, would suggest changing rear springs to OME's - solves a lot of problems. You'll also need carrier bearing drop, longer rear shocks, ebrake and brake line brackets to allow for the rear lift of greater than 1".

Be sure you really want 6" lift, there are tradeoffs in handling. If you can get by with less and still be happy it will save money - 3.5" front (Spindles only) and 1" rear (shakles) costs a lot less.... Plus with 6" lift you'll want 35 or 37" tires, then you may want to regear, and if you are supercharged, you may need traction bars as I did.
What rear shocks did you go with? I already have the 5100 bilstein on the truck right now on top setting. With Toytec shackles on the rear on 1" with the rear bilstein 0-1" shocks. Just ordered the Maxtrac for the front and OME DAKAR for the rear. Plan on dropping the front to the middle setting and leaving shackles on 1". So on paper I would have about 5" up front and about 3.3 in the rear. Could always move the rear up to 1.5 if needed. Would the bilstein 5100 0-1" in the rear be okay or should I get some 3-4" rear shocks?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I first tried a generic black shock that was a couple inches longer. Ride was harsh and bed bounce pretty bad. Switched to the newest OME nitrocharged shock and things got much better. They seem properly matched to the more powerful OME springs. Highly recommend them and they are not expensive, think I got them on sale for similar/less than bilsteins. Big, bold and yellow, they are sexy looking too. Might have considered Bilsteins, but wasn't sure they had a shock for my 3.25" of rear lift (Dakkar springs and shackles).

·
Registered
456 Posts
+1 on Spindles (Maxtrac or CST) paired with 5100s or OME 612s.
Both options will achieve 6" lift upfront.
The rear I would opt for OME Dakar with + 3 CB Shackles.
Then call Coachbuilder and get all the goodies carrier bearing drop, break line extensions etc ect

I personally copied Coachbuilders exact set up...... OME 614s with CST Spindles up front and Dakar Leaf Pack, +3 CB Shackles for rear.
Rides stock but firm.

Only downside with these spindles is that they kick out the front wheels one inch on each side.
The upside is that is completely keeps stock geometry.

·
Registered
452 Posts
+ 1 on Maxtrac and 5100's

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.