Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

6" procomp lift issue *Help*

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  LacrosseBoy 
#1 ·
So when im driving I am able to hear two different things in the rear of the suspension.

The first noise I am able to here is like a sqeeking noise, it happens when I pull into a drive way, speedbump, or just unleveled driving surfaces.

The second noise I am able to hear is more of a metal noise, I took it in the other day and they said that the block was hitting something so they sprayed something to see if that will help which it did for about 20 mins.
He said the way to fix that problem would be to take out the 3" block and lower it in the back about 1". It already has a little lean which I like where its at but dont want it to go lower anymore. If it really is the block that is causing that issue is there anyway to fix that without going lower? Like maybe using custom shackles.

Have any of you experienced these issues with your guys lifts?

#2 ·
I would try a smaller block and coach builder shackles.. sounds like that would alleviate the problem. for the squeak I can only guess that what your hearing is your leaf pack. how long have you had your lift on ?

#3 ·
I have had the lift on since mid december. It almost sounds like its the bed sqeeking but im not sure. It sqeeks when I close the rear door sometimes also.

#4 ·
I'm no expert, nor do I have a 6 inch lift yet. but majority of people who complain about a rear end squeak it turns out to be the leaf packs. a few things are possible, A) dirt, sand, crap got between your pack. B) the plastic between the leafs are worn out and your starting to get metal to metal contact.
possible fixes pressure wash, I think some people even tried a sprayable grease, also I believe coach builder actually removed his leaf pack and plasti dipped between the leafs fir a more long term fix. seems our leaf springs are not the best, just ask armygurl lol l

#5 ·
Im going to wash my truck this weekend so hopefully the pressure wash will fix it.

#8 ·
everything that was installed was the stuff that came with the 6" procomp lift

#9 ·
I would also say check all the bolts for tightness, but have you checked the clearance of your exhaust after you installed the lift? That could be contacting the leafs. If you're running ball joint UCA's people some people will complain about them causing noises as well.

#10 ·
I have checked and there is enough room for the exhaust and washed the truck with the pressure wash and made sure to spray the leafs really good but till making the noise.

#11 ·
did you try spraying your leafs with a grease ?

#12 ·
not yet, but since the last wash when I sprayed the leafs really good with the pressure wash, it has been making alot more noise in the rear. I can hear it even louder but cant really hear it when im accelerating because how loud the exhaust is, but I am able to hear it with windows up and letting off the gas.

#13 ·
Can you bounce on the rear bumper and duplicate the noise? Allot of times the upper bushings on the rear shocks are not torqued tight enough, they will make a horrible noise. If you reach in from the wheel opening and can rotate the upper portion of the shock they're not tight enough. Also check the U bolts, they may have moved around a bit after driving.

#14 ·
jumped on the back and heard nothing and had my friend that weights a little more than me also jump on it just to double check and heard nothing.

#15 ·
What kind of sprayable grease should I use?

Do I need to take the leafs apart and spray them or can I just leave them on the truck and just go underneath and spray the leafs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.