Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

6-ply or 10-ply?

11K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  PNWDoug 
#1 ·
Was looking at a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers and in the size I want, I have 2 choices. C or E rated tire meaning a 6-ply or a 10ply. I would guess a 6 for a better ride but most tires I have had were E rated. I don't tow much or off road much but was wanting input form you guys. These will be going on a 17" Method wheel.

Thx!

#4 ·
I went from E rated Toyo AT2s to the XL rated Nitto Terra G2s and an very glad I did. The Toyo were fantastic for 79k miles but these Nitto ride so much nicer and weigh less. I tow my 6500 lbs wakeboat quite often and these XL rates tires are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Either the C or E will work for your truck as mentioned. The C will be somewhat lighter and have a softer ride but both are safe for your vehicle.

We have some solid pricing on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and get a lot of good feedback from our customers and employees. Here is a link to our online pricing:

Nitto Ridge Grapplers | Discount Tire Direct

Please let us know if we can help.

#12 ·
IMO, the tire size (sidewall height, overall width) has more to do with ride and drive quality than the ply rating, in combination with the suspension/shocks. Personally, I prefer the 10-ply rated sidewall, especially if towing often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.