Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 CM currently with a 3 inch level kit. I want to put 35s and a lift kit. Which one do you suggest? It will be for street driving mainly.

THanks

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
^^^^ Agreed.

Mine rides and handles great.

Dave

·
Registered
446 Posts
Go for BDS, never heard of any issue between the two but why not go the extra inch? 37s are doable on both lifts if you want to move to bigger tires.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can achieve the same amount of lift out of each kit Im pretty sure.Stage 2 or running procomp with icons gives you 7 inches of lift.Icons for the procomp work with both kits?Bds is a much stronger kit over procomp.I just got the procomp only because how strong does it need to be tundras frame is not that beefy say compared to my titan by a long shot which was fully boxed.But the big reason was ehh easy install and resale when it comes time.Both are good kits though just not so sure I would bottom out the drop brackets on a big o rock with the procomp.:rolleyes:
I am going with the bds fox coil overs and shocks with the procomp lift though.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wow. Just realized this thread is a couple months old. Updates?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
BDS with Kings will actually give you 8-9" just throwing it out here. Here's mine I tuck 37's easily with plenty of room. Granted the only BDS part on my truck is the spindles and drop bracket everything else is upgraded suspension including leaf springs

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
361 Posts
BDS with Kings will actually give you 8-9" just throwing it out here. Here's mine I tuck 37's easily with plenty of room. Granted the only BDS part on my truck is the spindles and drop bracket everything else is upgraded suspension including leaf springs

View attachment 145153

View attachment 145161

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Looks good dave but do you have any pics of the suspension and how every thing is sitting underthere @8-9 inches.No pun intended I just see all these nice rigs with all this lift and they all just show how high there sitting but every one neglects to show exactly whats going on undernieth.Ive only seen one person take the time and give great info on a fabteck @ 6 inches.

I just got the procomp and honestly thinking I should of gone with the bds.The procomp can acheive 7 inches with coil overs but the cv angles are a bit on there limits at this hight it seems.Procomps drop bracket only drops down 4.5 inches and only retains factory geometry at 4.5 inches then stretches the rest out to acheive 6-7.Pro comp is best left at 6 inches imo.You can max it out to acheive more but its not something I would do at the sacrifice of replacing expensive tundra parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts