Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I should also add that im not an installer. I'm just your average guy that knows red is positive and black is ....not positive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It also took me about 2-1/2 days to finish this complete install with sound mat on the 4 doors and 4 door speaker replacement. Mind you this was in my garage in July in Dallas. I hated my life for a short time!

I've tuned the whole thing like the videos showed, but had to crank up the sub boost a bit to really get any kind of thump out of it. Also, I get a bit of a 'hiss' sound coming out of the tweeters when I turn the sound down to zero. Was told by the Tacotunes guys to turn the sensitivity down until that lowers. Anyone else having that issue after they've tuned the amp per the videos?

·
Registered
57 Posts
It also took me about 2-1/2 days to finish this complete install with sound mat on the 4 doors and 4 door speaker replacement. Mind you this was in my garage in July in Dallas. I hated my life for a short time!

I've tuned the whole thing like the videos showed, but had to crank up the sub boost a bit to really get any kind of thump out of it. Also, I get a bit of a 'hiss' sound coming out of the tweeters when I turn the sound down to zero. Was told by the Tacotunes guys to turn the sensitivity down until that lowers. Anyone else having that issue after they've tuned the amp per the videos?
I havent noticed any hissing sound on mine. Maybe I'll go check again. I haven't even tuned my amp per the videos yet, I just started with everything on low setting except the LPF and bass knob. Then adjusted sensitsensitivity and bass to my preference. It sounds pretty damn good! Once I unpack all my tools and can find my multimeter, I'll go back in there and re-tune the amp to see if its better. Anyone else skip the tuning part?

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
I read threw this thread but not 100% of it. Is the JBL version out yet for the 2014 CM ? thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a little hissing until I disconnected the original Toyota tweeters from the dash.
I left the middle speaker in for Bluetooth calls.

sound is awesome now.
for $599 its a great deal with really improved sound.
I didn't find it too much work, but I did it over 3 different nights.
I'm just guessing, but probably about 5-6 hrs on install, and 2 hrs looking for the right videos and instructions...LOL
tacotunes could do a much better job if they put all the info in one section.

but.... they obviously aren't monitoring this thread anymore as was previously pointed out.

Hoping they do for the rest of you that might buy in.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tacotunes, do you have a buy back program?

I have a full turn key system for a 2017 double cab tundra plus the extras (dynamat, install tools). Cost me $1500 and it's brand new in box. Let me know if you guys are willing to do a buy back or if anyone is interested PM me for pics. Will accept any reasonable offer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there any active Tundra Talk discounts?
The discount didn't work when I went to buy it, but I put in the notes section of the order, and they gave me the discount. If I recall, it only gives you the front door speakers free. Means that the system is whatever price it is now but with front door speakers thrown in.

-K

·
Registered
469 Posts
We have a new bluetooth sound processor coming out for JBL that ties back to this system. The entire setup process for the amps & processor will be done from your phone.
It will work with both JBL and NON.
I got excited when I was reading this but after reading through the rest of the thread lost my stoke. I actually just spent the money (almost $2000) buying an older JBL MS8 , 5 channel JL amp, custom sub box, sub control, Chinese rip off dynomat type sound deadening, 4 JL component speakers, plus installation in phases. Total install in three separate days was about 8hrs. I am happy overall but still not ecstatic with the sound relative to the price I paid.

I wish this would have been an actual viable option for the JBL system to plug and play. I would have been all over it. especially assuming that you could probably spend a little more and upgrade the amp. The JBL MS8 processors are awesome but not entirely reliable (especially for the money) as I have had to replace 2 of them, one that just crapped out (may have been my fault) and another under warranty that I bought as a demo display unit.

The bluetooth processor control from your phone would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I got excited when I was reading this but after reading through the rest of the thread lost my stoke. I actually just spent the money (almost $2000) buying an older JBL MS8 , 5 channel JL amp, custom sub box, sub control, Chinese rip off dynomat type sound deadening, 4 JL component speakers, plus installation in phases. Total install in three separate days was about 8hrs. I am happy overall but still not ecstatic with the sound relative to the price I paid.

I wish this would have been an actual viable option for the JBL system to plug and play. I would have been all over it. especially assuming that you could probably spend a little more and upgrade the amp. The JBL MS8 processors are awesome but not entirely reliable (especially for the money) as I have had to replace 2 of them, one that just crapped out (may have been my fault) and another under warranty that I bought as a demo display unit.

The bluetooth processor control from your phone would be awesome.
Hey Gene....

I never got a decent sound out of my MS-8.
I sold it on eBay to another member here and he said it worked great..
Go figure ....:|

You need to research these, I'm thinking about buying one...
Might be what you're looking for....;)

Car Audio - Amplifiers - VXi

JL Audio VX1000/5i - VXi

Reactions: Gene3x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was reading thread after thread about taco tunes and taco rob. Amazing stuff and great prices. $599 and free front door speakers!!!! Went to the site, 2 years after the initial post and it’s 749 Witt a note no discount codes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its been a year and a half since I installed this system and I have to say its been awesome. Relatively easy to install. Sound quality is great. Nothing wrong so far.
I've heard that price has gone up, but honestly, I'd pay $749 for what I'm listening to. I got the front speakers with the kit from Tacotunes, and I added polk audio component speakers to the back.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Same! Mine has been awesome. I been thinking of upgrading to the 1000W amp and Fiberglass enclosure for 2 subs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just chatted with Tundra Talk about this.
He kinda comes off as a ahole IMO and certain does nothing to make me want to give my business.

You — Please update your info
I can from TundraTalk.net looking for the $599 starter kit. All I see is a $749 starter kit. That is a big difference.
Customer Service
HI we are running behind at the moment . . . If you are an existing customer and need some help. Please open a ticket here: Customer Service WE will get back to you same or next business day depending on time of ticket. If you are in urgent need of help, please txt 210-472-0000. Be sure to include your order number and ticket number. One our support guys will review the products you ordered and then get back with you by text or phone ASAP. If you are interested in ordering our products, please email to [email protected] and we will reply ASAP. If you are a new customer, please provide us with as much information as possible so we can route to a tech that can better serve you. For example, Year & Model Toyota along with product / questions you may have. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business! BTW, the best way to ensure a reply is to open a ticket and provide all your info. If necessary we will have one of our reps call you.
TACOTUNES-SUPPORT joined the chat
TACOTUNES-SUPPORT
Howdy
hello
TACOTUNES-SUPPORT
Yes we first launched her this kit on tundra talk for a introductory special price this was over 2 years ago...
oh the thread showed march 2018. So $749 is the price now with no discounts available?
TACOTUNES-SUPPORT
Correct.
We do offer install discounts
ok dont live close enough for that.
will you ever offer any discounts?
TACOTUNES-SUPPORT
We are 2 months from march 2020.. sound about right 2 years
Yea We just finished a big 20% off for xmas holidays.
And we had 15% off for black froday/cyber monday
Free shipping site wide is still in effect
Ok thank you. I'm going to put this convo up on Tundra Talk to let others know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just chatted with Tundra Talk about this.
He kinda comes off as a ahole IMO and certain does nothing to make me want to give my business.
Tech12vots.com
I can not say enough good about them, James Randy Taylor is a true shining star in the small business community. He is one of those individuals that will answer questions and is a super decent man. I can't say anything nice about Tacotunes, they are what they are, just not in my top 30 places to buy something from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
are you planning to do a behind the seat box 10" or a underseat? if under, will it fit under the passenger side rear seat, or will it take up the big space under the driverside rear?

Right now I have a shallow kenwood 12" in a small prefabbed box that fits perfectly right between the seat rails on the passenger side, works pretty well but I'd be interested in something that was actually made for the space.
On the prefabbed sub box you have for behind the seat, can you share where you got that from...sounds like what I am looking for. Very hard to find one that fits between the seat rails of a DC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tacotunes, do you have a buy back program?

I have a full turn key system for a 2017 double cab tundra plus the extras (dynamat, install tools). Cost me $1500 and it's brand new in box. Let me know if you guys are willing to do a buy back or if anyone is interested PM me for pics. Will accept any reasonable offer.
Hello...would you happen to have any of this stuff kicking around?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts