Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 600+ local Tundra installations along with nearly 20,000 Tundra customers around the globe, we are now offering an entry level audio system that will knock your socks off!
This setup will work with 2007-2019 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Non JBL equipped systems. Our direct Tundra Integration system makes the install fast, easy and provide awesome bang for buck. Plus we even provide DIY video tutorials for self-install. Or we have begun working with some installers around the US.

Our new “starter” System will allow you to build and add on as your budget allows.

The $599 starter system includes the following: NOTE: (tundratalk members will get a special discount)
TXD8005 – 5 Channel Amplifier
75 watts x 4 (Front/Rear Door Speakers) RMS (4 Ohm)
350 watts x 1 Subwoofer Output
Includes:
1 – TXD800.5- Subwoofer Control Knob
1- Direct Connect Tundra Plug N Play Integration System
1 – TXD Tundra direct replacement amp rack – bolts directly to stock mounting location. No cutting or drilling.
2014+ Use your stock bolts.
2007-2013 amp racks include bolts that will mount directly to your truck’s without drilling your floorboard.
NOTE: This setup is designed to work with your stock stereo. However, it will work with aftermarket head units as well.

TXDAMPKIT-02 – 100% Oxygen Free Copper Power Install Kit
Big sound requires big power. Our power kits EXCEED ANSI standards.

Tacotunes.com Full Size Ported 12” Subwoofer Enclosure fully carpeted.
Image Dynamics ID12V4 FULL Size Subwoofer

All installation parts are included.
2014+ Toyota Tundra are equipped with stock door speakers that can handle up to 35 watts RMS. The factory amp is producing around 15 watts to the front doors & 20 to the rear doors. WE will show you how to setup this amp to increase power to 35 watts to the front and rear speakers. You will notice a HUGE impact over your stock amp. If you decide to upgrade your front speakers. We will show you how to increase amp out put to 75 watts to each speaker.
Tacotunes.com is now offering the TT65CS. We are soon releasing our private label version of the very popular Image Dynamics ID65CS. Nothing has changed EXCEPT we have made them easier to install! These are true component speakers with a passive crossover network included! You don’t have to settle for drop in replacement speakers in your Tundra!

Front Door Component Speaker Package: (optional)
Tacotunes TT65CS Mid Range Drivers (Driver / Passenger)
Tacotunes Aftermarket Sail Panel and TT65CS Tweeters (Driver / Passenger)
Tacotunes TT65CS Passive Crossover with crossover mounting gear
Tacotunes quick connect wiring system.
Zip ties for a clean and easy install.

Rear Door Speakers (optional):
2014+ Toyota Tundras are equipped with rear door tweeters. Our rear door kit includes:
Tacotunes TT65CS Mid Range Drivers (Driver / Passenger)
TT65CS Tweeters (Driver / Passenger) will fit rear doors with no permanent mods to your door panel
Tacotunes TT65CS Passive Crossover with crossover mounting gear
2007-2013 Toyota Tundras are equipped with coaxial speakers. Our rear door kit includes:
ID65 Coaixal Speakers

Tundratalk Bonus:
We are taking pre-orders now. Tundratalk members that use discount code: talksystem1 will have the front door speaker component speakers INCLUDED in their order at no additional cost.
Please note it may take up to 70 days for products to arrive. We have over 1000 units in route.

We have been testing this new product for over six months. You can see around a dozen entry lvel systems on our Facebook page along with the Tundra owners.

Here are a few reviews from System 1 customers. You can see their installs at http://facebook.com/tacotunes or the review tab here:

https://tacotunes.com/shop/toyota-tundra-audio-products/crewmax-audio-products/crewmax-bundled-products/system-1-packaged-audio-system-for-2007-2019-toyota-tundra-crewmax/

Awesome upgrade!
Jerred02/27/2018
I have been following Tacotunes for quite awhile, and always noticed the happy customers and great reviews. When the System 1 was introduced I decided to pull the trigger and join the Taco Truck Nation. The system 1 is advertised as an “entry level system”. Well I will tell you, this thing is no entry level system like I have ever heard. This system is awesome! 5 stars for the system and 5 stars for the staff. Great experience from start to finish! If you are on the fence about getting this…just pull the trigger! You will not be disappointed. Thanks again Guys!
5 out of 5 STARS

Love my System 1!!!
George Milam02/22/2018
Got this system a month ago, was looking for something to take my music to the next level. I am extremely happy worth this system!! The bass hits really good and even all the way up to 50 I can still hear the music clearly!! And then when I have it low the bass is still clear and crisp!! I will recommend this system to anyone who’s looking!! Very satisfied with the system and the install!!

Great upgrade!
Daniel Merkel02/23/2018
I just bought my 2017 tundra a few months back and wanted to upgrade the sound system. I was online searching for a system when i came across Tacotunes. I read some reviews online and found out they specialize in Toyota’s. I’m so glad I went with tacotunes. They’re very knowledgeable about car audio, and very professional. I couldn’t believe the sound of this system and how clean the install was. Very clear and crisp highs and mids with some great bass. Totally satisfied with everything. I would recommend this system to anybody that is looking for an awesome upgrade to their Toyota!

Daniel Veith02/26/2018
Absolutely, an amazing system! I’m in utter shock at the quality of work and sound. I highly recommend Taco Tunes to anyone looking to have that “dream system”. I’m now listening to songs I haven’t been able to because of sound quality. Go get Taco Tuned today!!
5 out of 5

Sonia Alvarado02/26/2018
This product is amazingly loud. In a good way. It is perfect. The crew working at tacotunes was friendly and explained everything to me. They did an amazing job. The bass is perfect. Nothing vibrates. Everything is concealed. I am very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Non JBL only I assume?

·
Registered
618 Posts
That's actually a pretty good deal! I didn't know Taco Tunes was making their own gear now. I'll have to see what you come up with for the the DC crowd...

I assume the DC box in the works is for two 10's under the seat - sealed?? and you must remove the under seat storage. I've been getting the itch to upgrade and I figure I can shoehorn about 1.5 - 1.75 ft^3 worth of box under the rear seat without impeding the jack removal under one side of the seat. I'll have to see what those Image Dynamics subs could do in that airspace. I'm currently looking a pair of subs in a vented alignment tuned to 27hz with an f3 of 22 hz - without cabin gain :) Yes, I'm crazy. Yes, that will be a fat bottom end without much amplifier power needed.

Out of curiosity, what is the tuning on the setup for the CrewMax above?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Howdy

That's actually a pretty good deal! I didn't know Taco Tunes was making their own gear now. I'll have to see what you come up with for the the DC crowd...

I assume the DC box in the works is for two 10's under the seat - sealed?? and you must remove the under seat storage. I've been getting the itch to upgrade and I figure I can shoehorn about 1.5 - 1.75 ft^3 worth of box under the rear seat without impeding the jack removal under one side of the seat. I'll have to see what those Image Dynamics subs could do in that airspace. I'm currently looking a pair of subs in a vented alignment tuned to 27hz with an f3 of 22 hz - without cabin gain :) Yes, I'm crazy. Yes, that will be a fat bottom end without much amplifier power needed.

Out of curiosity, what is the tuning on the setup for the CrewMax above?
The box we have now for dual 10s is ported and yes all storage needs to be gone. The only mod needed for this box to fit is to point the jack upward. Here is an install vid:

27Hz? Wowzers? How are accomplishing that with limited air space AND port length limitations? If you go too small on the port size you will get port noise/chuffing? The sub box in our budget system is tuned at 35 hz. I can't remember the in Tundra numbers, we did that tune a while back. But the end result was very nice. Our customers are pretty much floored by this budget system. We have been installing 1 - 2 day day in our SA location. But we are out of first run of stock for a few weeks.

BTW, we have been manufacturing our own gear for years now. Plus we are installing these new systems in Brand New Toyotas before they even hit the dealer lot. Then the entire setup is rolled into customer financing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Might have to get this. Father's day, bday or Christmas.
Yupper! It is killer amazing bang for buck. We did this system because not everyone was looking for super loud setup. However you can still roll windows down and get nice clear highs and really good bass response.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The box we have now for dual 10s is ported and yes all storage needs to be gone. The only mod needed for this box to fit is to point the jack upward. Here is an install vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul2MyAsscAE

27Hz? Wowzers? How are accomplishing that with limited air space AND port length limitations? If you go too small on the port size you will get port noise/chuffing? The sub box in our budget system is tuned at 35 hz. I can't remember the in Tundra numbers, we did that tune a while back. But the end result was very nice. Our customers are pretty much floored by this budget system. We have been installing 1 - 2 day day in our SA location. But we are out of first run of stock for a few weeks.

BTW, we have been manufacturing our own gear for years now. Plus we are installing these new systems in Brand New Toyotas before they even hit the dealer lot. Then the entire setup is rolled into customer financing.
Man, that would have been nice to have that rolled in to my truck financing from day 1!

I searched far and wide for a driver with the perfect set of T/S parameters to make something play into the 20's without cabin gain or boost. As it turns out, with a smidge of boost (1db) in the right place and the right high pass, the driver will play flat all the way down to 20 hz, f3 18 hz, without exceeding Xmax by more than a few MM in the infrasonic range at 300 watts.

But for the truck, I don't have that kind of processing power, so to keep excursion in check (though I don't know many song with 20hz content or below) I shifted the tuning up just a bit, which, along with an infrasonic filter, keeps excursion in check all the way up to 450 watts per driver. The higher tuning also helps with port length, which is a bit of an issue, but not a big issue. Below 200 watts, port velocity is kept very low with a reasonable size port. Above 300 watts, a little bit of chuffing is present, but I am taking steps to mitigate it. That is one of the few compromises with this design - that, and it is slightly less efficient, but, depending on how much power I dare put to it, should be able to reach ~118db unassisted, which COULD translate to 130 db or more in car. I'm not targeting SPL so I'm not going for bragging rights, but I do like to overbuild things :)

I might increase the port cross section (and length) to keep velocity down at higher power levels, but I would most likely increase the tuning a bit, too (as you pointed out, there is a limited amount of space under the seat..). I do have an ace in the hole if I want to fix all of my port issues... but it'll cost me some extra dough.. BUT it could give me enough room for triplets instead of twins :eek:

I should be able to get two drivers in there without issue. I was aiming for three when I started musing over the project, but I decided I didn't want to do any drastic modifications. One would give me enough room to preserve some under seat storage, two would take up the majority of what is there. Two with a bigger port would definitely be a tight fit. Three... well, I didn't want a sealed box for several reasons (not that I'm hating on sealed boxes - don't get me wrong - just different design goals; most car stereos and amps are set to boost the 40-50hz region, not 30's...).

Anyways, sorry to thread jack. I'm impressed that you can get two full-size 10's under the seat in a ported enclosure tuned down the 35 hz! I often see people trying to shove the biggest subs into the smallest boxes possible, which, IMO, compromises sound quality and extension. Sure, the system can get loud, but it's more like a one note wonder. I think your system above looks like a very well thought out system at an excellent value. Those components are looking nice and purdy, too.. :nerd:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We have a new bluetooth sound processor coming out for JBL that ties back to this system. The entire setup process for the amps & processor will be done from your phone.
It will work with both JBL and NON.
Update us when this comes out please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you taking pre-orders for the Double Cab system1 with single 10" sub woofer yet? If so... I'd like to get in on the pre-order promo with the front door speaker component speakers INCLUDED.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,524 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Sub'd

Sub'd

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, that would have been nice to have that rolled in to my truck financing from day 1!

I searched far and wide for a driver with the perfect set of T/S parameters to make something play into the 20's without cabin gain or boost. As it turns out, with a smidge of boost (1db) in the right place and the right high pass, the driver will play flat all the way down to 20 hz, f3 18 hz, without exceeding Xmax by more than a few MM in the infrasonic range at 300 watts.

But for the truck, I don't have that kind of processing power, so to keep excursion in check (though I don't know many song with 20hz content or below) I shifted the tuning up just a bit, which, along with an infrasonic filter, keeps excursion in check all the way up to 450 watts per driver. The higher tuning also helps with port length, which is a bit of an issue, but not a big issue. Below 200 watts, port velocity is kept very low with a reasonable size port. Above 300 watts, a little bit of chuffing is present, but I am taking steps to mitigate it. That is one of the few compromises with this design - that, and it is slightly less efficient, but, depending on how much power I dare put to it, should be able to reach ~118db unassisted, which COULD translate to 130 db or more in car. I'm not targeting SPL so I'm not going for bragging rights, but I do like to overbuild things :)

I might increase the port cross section (and length) to keep velocity down at higher power levels, but I would most likely increase the tuning a bit, too (as you pointed out, there is a limited amount of space under the seat..). I do have an ace in the hole if I want to fix all of my port issues... but it'll cost me some extra dough.. BUT it could give me enough room for triplets instead of twins :eek:

I should be able to get two drivers in there without issue. I was aiming for three when I started musing over the project, but I decided I didn't want to do any drastic modifications. One would give me enough room to preserve some under seat storage, two would take up the majority of what is there. Two with a bigger port would definitely be a tight fit. Three... well, I didn't want a sealed box for several reasons (not that I'm hating on sealed boxes - don't get me wrong - just different design goals; most car stereos and amps are set to boost the 40-50hz region, not 30's...).

Anyways, sorry to thread jack. I'm impressed that you can get two full-size 10's under the seat in a ported enclosure tuned down the 35 hz! I often see people trying to shove the biggest subs into the smallest boxes possible, which, IMO, compromises sound quality and extension. Sure, the system can get loud, but it's more like a one note wonder. I think your system above looks like a very well thought out system at an excellent value. Those components are looking nice and purdy, too.. :nerd:
Would love to hear it! Unfortunately to many equate quality bass with rattling mirrors only. I have seen shallow mounts that can knock mirrors off the truck, but they fail miserably at lower end of the frequency range. Hearing just “thump” vs tonal quality and range gets OLD fast. But some guys like to impress their friends with loud bass that is really amazing to hear for a short amount of time. I like my music to be reproduced properly.
I have some mixed audio / songs that are modified and will play 20hz all day long! I don’t do it to often but we use them when testing out new products.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts