Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have decided to lift the front of my truck a couple inches, only about 2-2.5 inches. What is the most reliable method the 5100's or the Rough Country 872? Both are "adjustable". Just looking to see what you guys would do between these two.

Goal is to raise the front leaving some of the rake as I do haul loads and tow frequently. I am already set on some new wheels and tires. Looking to run 33 or 34 inch tires.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well I just got a set of 5100's from a member on here for a good deal. I'll let you know what I think once they are received and installed. My only experience is with my old truck, had 5100's on the Suzuki Equator (Nissan Frontier) and they were a sure improvement!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anybody else?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bueller?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have all 5100's and really like them. I first had them in the middle setting and then adjusted them to the top setting. The ride is the same on top as it is in the middle setting. I can't compare them to anything else because all I've owned and tried is the 5100's. I would buy them again, if that helps

·
Registered
138 Posts
The ride compared to the stocks shocks is similar but it has a firmer feel. Not firmer in a bad way, it just feels more truck like, if that makes sense. I was concerned that I did not want a ride that was "jarring" on pot holes and bad parts of the road and the 5100's aren't a "harsh" or "jarring ride".

·
Registered
93 Posts
ill go with 5100 i put some on my tacoma while back when i had it..it felt the same to me, couldnt tell the difference..lol just height..just my opinion...anything better then driving a slammed honda..lol..fyi i just bought front n rear 5100 earlier today from a buddy...just got take them off his truck he bought some kings..so am get his 5100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts