Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another forum with no responses. Hopefully, I'll get some here.

I just spent several hours searching through suspension posts trying to find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm upgrading my 2013 TRD CM to a sport truck vice the off-road package it came with. Reason being, I want it to optimize the truck to excel in the environment it sees the most, dry/wet/snow asphalt. I want to keep stock height and if that changes it would go lower. I want to keep the rake because of towing and hauling. Off-road in my neck of the woods is more logging trails and bogs.

Right now I have TRD F/R swaybar. I just installed the front and it really makes it fun to drive. It corners flat and just sticks on a good flat surface. Upgraded pads and rotors are on the way.

After reading forums, retailers descriptions and manufacturer descriptions, I'm leaning towards 5100s and willing to accept the .87 lift in the front.

I understand it's still a stiff ride but more controlled.

Like some opinions and alternatives, if any. Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
4600 Bilstein shocks are what TRD painted red and called their off road shocks, I have put a few hundred thousand miles on 4600 series shocks on three different Toyota trucks. They are probably the best value in HD shocks available. Smooth ride, and excellent handling through the corners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
5100 are adjustable for lift if desired, I would go with those. I currently have 4600 on my 4Runner but want to level it. If I had gone with 5100 I could, but now am going to add 1" spacers up front on top of coils.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts