Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Everyone-
Installed my 5100's this past weekend. Install went well, and I'm fairly comfortable with these installs as I've done my Tacoma with the same setup. The install was smooth. Setup at middle setting, and 1 shim. I finished my install Friday, but will not get my alignment until tomorrow.

So here's my issue:

Truck: 2014, DC, 5.7 with 38k on it. The lift came to the exact mark that I expected with this setup.

The first two days the install seemed tight, and no issues. I did need to bend one area on the skid plate, but I expected some of that. As i've been driving it more and more it seems like something is knocking, or shifting. Not bad, but under slow speed bumps, and turning wheel when i'm stopped. I crawled under last night, and re checked all the bolts. I did get a small turn out of the LCAs, and the UBJ, and LBJ's look good. Any other ideas? Should I expect that feeling to go away after a true alignment? Just curious if the alignment is causing an issue and making it feel like somethings loose. It does pull to the left, and the steering wheel needs to be centered.

Thanks for any help you could help with.

Cheers,
Kyle

·
Registered
452 Posts
No alignment yet? I had a knock after doing my last install and it was the brake caliper. I dont know what route you took to install yours though

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Getting alignment tomorrow. I used the LCAs and and two bolts on the LBJ Mount. I marked the tabs and then reinstalled.

Kyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update- I got an alignment done this morning, and all is good. On of the LCA Bolts was just under torque spec. So it was that, plus a bad alignment.

Thanks for any help this forum provided.

Kyle

Reactions: Les_Paul
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.