Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 5100s installed at the middle setting currently. I am having problems getting the camber negative enough to not wear the outside of tires.

Can the 5100s be changed to the lowest setting by just compressing the springs while installed and moving the clip down or do they need to be uninstalled to be adjusted?

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I have the 5100s installed at the middle setting currently. I am having problems getting the camber negative enough to not wear the outside of tires.

Can the 5100s be changed to the lowest setting by just compressing the springs while installed and moving the clip down or do they need to be uninstalled to be adjusted?
Did you look in the suspension section and see SoCal's recommendation for a lifted truck?

You do not want to go back to factory settings after you lift it because you will have tire wear.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts

You may just need upper control arms if your camber and caster adjustments are maxed out or the alignment guy isn't able to get you into a good number. If you did the 5100 install the control arm swap should be even easier.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alignment shop claims I am maxed out on camber which is why I am asking about moving them down.
I have looked at socal's recommendations and my truck needs more negative camber than he generally recommends in order to avoid tire wear.

I don't really care about lifting but originally thought WTH. Regret the middle setting as looks aren't as important as tire wear and ride. The ride is fine until the tire wear then need to be rebalanced to account for the wear. No interest in upper control arms. Just want the truck to ride right and be easy maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts