Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother got a new ecoboost and every time I race him he f in smokes me. 0 mph and up,30 mph and up,50 mph and up then we tried 70 mph and up and he smokes me every time. Sucks lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
you have your nannies turned off? Do you have the tow pkg with the 4.33 gears?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Something is not right. I've schooled many ecobusts.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fox News has a story about people suing Ford for faulty Eco Boost engines. Apparently they shudder, shake and loose power. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Try again and if for some odd reason he starts to pull away, you BETTER perform a pit maneuver and put him in a ditch...it's the only way you'll earn back any respect for posting this blasphemy!!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
passengers will hurt alot actually... for every 100lbs you add take off 1/10th a second in the 1/4 mile ;) 300lbs extra would make a big difference. I think our trucks are heavier too. Dunno what all else you've done that could add weight? Stereo system, Line-x, skid plate, bigger tires and rims, lifts, etc....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This is a hard thing to comprehend... Fords are garbage!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I never raced one but they like to blow past me after coming next to the 5.7 emblem, don't know why. They must know they are faster I guess and have to prove it to themselves while I have kids in truck puttering at 45 mph.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I never raced one but they like to blow past me after coming next to the 5.7 emblem, don't know why. They must know they are faster I guess and have to prove it to themselves while I have kids in truck puttering at 45 mph.
I'm in the same boat. The disdain toward the Tundra badge here in Vegas has gotten palpable lately. :confused: I don't care at all honestly. Every time I have been lured over to the dark side it has ended in failure. I'll take the pulp in this town rather than join the masses. It's fun being a "perceived threat".

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The disdain toward the Tundra badge here in Vegas has gotten palpable lately. :confused: I don't care at all honestly. Every time I have been lured over to the dark side it has ended in failure. I'll take the pulp in this town rather than join the masses. It's fun being a "perceived threat".
I raced a raptor 6.2 thru the airport tunnel out here n won! It was a rolling start at 40-100mph, yes I took the bait,lol!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's not a driver error. I've had my fair share of races. He flat out beats me everytime. We are going to line up just me and him and see what happens but I think I know what's going to happen that truck is fast. It's sounds like a leaf blower tho lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts