Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

5.7 into a 2003 Tundra

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Dragos28 
#1 ·
I signed up along time ago but this may be my first entry. My 2003 Tundra 4.7 2WD is approaching 300,000 miles. It has had the frame recall which nets new brake lines and A arms. I put Bilsteins on at same time. Today I got new rotors, calipers, ceramic pads, sway bar links, upper and lower ball joints and soon will be getting the front motor maintenance package. I'm thinking it is in good shape but what if.... So has anyone put the 5.7 and 6speed out of the new Tundra in the first series? If so I'd like to get information on it. Also I use Amzoil, Wix filters, and a K & N cold air box. The only other thing I want to add is a back up camera. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

#5 ·
Exactly what I mean, even a used 5.7 is expensive as hell, never priced the transmission or ECU but I imagine they are right up there as well. Then you still need to upgrade major suspension components to account for the weight, etc...that will add up very quickly and that's assuming you can do the work yourself and not pay thousands in labor.

#7 ·
Good deal but you already had the transmission, all the necessary wiring harnesses, correct suspension, etc. It would be a clean swap for you...into a 2003, not so much. This type of project needs to be a "I have money to burn and just want to see how badazz this can be" type of project. This is not a "I'm on a budget and this is my main transportation" type of project :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.