Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Tundra Limited 4x4 CM 5.7
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Tundra Limited CM with 5.7 has had the everything updated to try & fix this constant hesitation while trying to accelerate between 10mph & 20mph. During acceleration Between these speeds, the CEL will flash & the truck will only sputter without backfire. This last about 3 to 4 seconds and then it will accelerate & the CEL turns off. I finally was able to get a D.A.P. Tune on my truck today & the same result. Dustin from D.A.P. said it takes about 200 to 300 miles for the ECU learn curve?? I googled that one and found nothing. I have dropped the gas tank and replaced the pump & the ring seal. New OEM plugs & coil jackets. New thermostat along with multiple sensors. I saved the best til last. I currently have a OEM expensive MAF in my vehicle. When I install the cheaper Amazon MAF sensor, the truck runs without hesitation, however the Christmas tree lights up with CEL, 4/lo & another light which all stay on solid without any flashing. Let me know what you think. I need this fixed. Thanks in advance. 2010 Tundra

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Brian. When I install the MAF from Amazon. The only code that appears is P0113 for intake air temp. I have replaced all sensors on this engine.

I should update that Dustin from D.A.P. has given up after flashing my original tune back on my vehicle. I lost my money on two different remote tuning companies. Not very happy with either tuning companies and I suggest everyone rethinks using remote tuning.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
So the MAF sensor currently installed is a new Toyota OEM sensor, not aftermarket?
If so, have you checked the wiring connector for corrosion or damaged wiring?
If yes to both of those questions, then I would use your OBD2 device and look at the intake air temp reading and mass air flow reading, since Both those are coming from the same sensor, and watch them in “Live” mode as you drive and have the issue. See what the ECM thinks it is seeing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The codes only show up when I use the aftermarket MAF. I am currently using the aftermarket MAF as the truck runs much better when using this MAF. When I use the OEM MAF there are no codes and the truck hesitates with a flashing CEL after breaking and accelerating. Let me know what you think. I'll do a live monitoring of intake air and MAF reading while I'm driving. I'll get back to you. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a new OEM MAF direct from Toyota. The old one was tossed out by mistake. The MAF sensor that was in my truck when I purchased it a year ago had the same problem with hesitation.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ok.
You mentioned the CEL flashes when the OEM MAF sensor is installed, along with hesitation. Have you checked both stored and pending codes? You should have something in there for the flashing cel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts