1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 896224

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 4x4 212k miles

Trouble shooting:
The battery is healthy via both voltage test and load tester
Disconnected battery
Cleaned connectors on wheel speed sensors all seemed in good health (IDK if there is a way to check if an individual sensor has gone bad)
cleaned the connectors that go into the transfer case all seemed in good health

Ideas?
Well a bit off topic (but I hope you get this issue resolved) I have a 2008 LTD with same dash of course and I bought her new in that year. My daughter asked me if the Disney Dash was customized for me (she is a Disney enthusiast). I said no .. why ... she said I had a Mickey Mouse on the right side of the layout.

GEE THANKS .. I never noticed it before and now I can't UNSEE old Mickey. Hope this don't happen to you! haha

· Registered
4 Posts
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 4x4 212k miles

been having this really intermittent issue where usually on first start up the dash lights up like a Christmas tree (no check engine) and then typically after a little driving or even just turning it on and off again it goes away. This only started occurring after multiple weeks of very wet and humid driving conditions so I'm almost positive moisture has gotten somewhere it shouldn't be. the 4x4 system works perfectly when the lights arent on and switches between 2x4 4x4 and 4x4lo with zero issues and does so how designed (I have confirmed that the front wheels are in fact engaged and getting power). I've cleaned and checked wheel speed sensors and the connectors on the transfer case so at this point I'm just confused and ready to ride it out till whatever is wet dries out again as the truck doesn't go into limp mode or anything.

Trouble shooting:
The battery is healthy via both voltage test and load tester
Disconnected battery
Cleaned connectors on wheel speed sensors all seemed in good health (IDK if there is a way to check if an individual sensor has gone bad)
cleaned the connectors that go into the transfer case all seemed in good health

Ideas?
I had something similar to that happen to me and the cause was after I hit a small but bump to the truck pot hole I didn't know at the time but it knocked loose the large air pipe connected to my TRD Cold Air box and it allowed more air to get delivered to the intake and the truck computer didn't like that. The light show didn't come on till the next morning. In my case the computer did throw a code about too lean or something along that line. I didn't see the code the tech saw but after getting everything right all the lights went back to normal.

I could see in your case if it was something like that it would cause the symptoms you see. If no leaks then no lights but a jiggle and there ya go .. you wouldn't see a code unless it was giving you the Christmas lights.

Might not be this but worth a look to make sure your intake route is solid. A MAF being unhappy not only gave me the light show but put the truck into limp mode one time too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts