Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RCSB 4x4 Tundra and want to drop the truck as much as I can. But whenever I call any shop or something the keep asking me if it has the TRD OFF-ROAD package. The answer is yes, I do have them on my truck. Any idea what can I do with my truck to drop it?

Help Please!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I know Toyota has a drop kit.. But beware, if you drop your 4x4 then say goodbye to your warranty

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I just came back from my Toyota dealer.. A gentleman just bought a 2013 Rock warrior DC 4x4. He had a full list of performance item's he wants installed.. And the lowering kit was one.. They okay'd the sway bar, the supercharger, Etc.. But when it came to his lowering kit.. They slammed the door on him.. The service manager called Toyota dirrect. Toyota warranty said no way.. They told him if he wants the lowering kit on and installed he will have to trade his truck in for a 4x2...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just came back from my Toyota dealer.. A gentleman just bought a 2013 Rock warrior DC 4x4. He had a full list of performance item's he wants installed.. And the lowering kit was one.. They okay'd the sway bar, the supercharger, Etc.. But when it came to his lowering kit.. They slammed the door on him.. The service manager called Toyota dirrect. Toyota warranty said no way.. They told him if he wants the lowering kit on and installed he will have to trade his truck in for a 4x2...
Damn this isn't good! Anyways I dont care about the warranty. But thanks a lot bud, appreciate it!

·
Registered
352 Posts
They can't just deny the warranty, it's illegal. It may be that in the future when there's some issue with the front diff and they prove it was related to lowering, then they'd deny the warranty, but they're prohibited from just saying you automatically have no warranty.

It is all over the web and this forum, and yet folks still don't understand this. Magnuson Moss, look it up. It's been the law for over ten years.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't care about the warranty, then hell.. Slam that single cab to the ground.. I love the look's of lowerd Tundra's.. Are you looking for a lowering kit or just other way's to lowering it?
I have no problem. I don't car how! What I care about is to make it look beautiful because it honestly looks awful and ugly! Any idea. If so please help me!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
They can't just deny the warranty, it's illegal.

Nobody said anything about denying .
What he is saying is they can't "cancel" or discontinue the warranty, that is illegal. They can only refuse a warranty claim because of a modification if they can prove that the modification caused the damage. That being said Toyota can say no and unless you have unlimited funds to fight it there really isn't sh!t anyone can do about it illegal or not. I have seen friends run into that kinda crap with Chevy dealerships, one of my employees had them deny a warranty for a brake master cylinder because he has a programmer on his truck, he has talked to a lawyer and yes they are wrong but it would cost him about 10x the cost of a master cylinder to do anything g about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
I have a RCSB 4x4 Tundra and want to drop the truck as much as I can. But whenever I call any shop or something the keep asking me if it has the TRD OFF-ROAD package. The answer is yes, I do have them on my truck. Any idea what can I do with my truck to drop it?

Help Please!
Hey brother, you can get a lowering kit for the 4x4 @ http://tundraracing.com/0709dropkit.htm

Sorry about some unsupported answer u got sir.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sell ur rare ride and get a 4x2.........better yet a dodge.
you dont deserve the 4x4........seriously.
Well if it was my Decisioni would've got a 4x2. But unfortunately I got it as a bday gift from dad :)! So why don't you get your self a 4x4 and flater all about it. :)

Nice talking to you 4x4 freak :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I would love to lower my truck... I'm torn though because I have seen the reality of lifting the truck compared to lowering it... Man the $$$ is night and day... Lowered on 26 kmc slides... I think it would look killer... But I have 4x4...

Lowered on stock wheels till the tires pop = 1500

Lifted tires rims = 6000

Lowering makes more sense... I've never seen a longbed lowered...

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 14 of 14 Posts