Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped my 2011 SR5 4.6l 4x4 for a 2013 Limited 5.7l 4x4 last Saturday. Since I'm now done with my initial swapping of toys here she is. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat

I was Toyotakid1996 on TS, but saw this Gem of a Forum name and claimed it here. Glad to be here in this fishbowl, I bring lots of Toyota history and info with me.

Nick - NW Arkansas

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Welcome to the Best Tundra Forum on the interwebs

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to TT. Nice truck. Congrats.

Reactions: iForce In U

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the mostest bestest Tundra Harem on the interwebz. Nice wheels. Did those come from dealer?

No they did not but I get that a lot. Even from the dealer. Found them on EBay shipped and incl tax for $700. They're 20x9's with a 40mm offset. They stick out quite a bit more than the factory 20x8's with a 60mm offset. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive exterior

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How would you rate the response difference between the 4.6 vs 5.7?
First, I really loved my 4.6 and keeping it at higher RPM's by sport shifting it. It was always responsive causing many coworkers to curse, grab something tightly, and I'm sure at times pee a little bit. That being said the 4.6 is essentially the same engine as the 5.7 just stroked about 25% less. Same transmission just geared slightly lower on the bottom and slightly taller on the top end.

However I got a 5.7 for every reason that I used to justify why I only needed a 4.6. I'm still in the break-in period so I can't really push her yet but, I've driven plenty of 5.7's. Ever since the first time I was left alone with that engine it demanded respect within the first mile behind it. While I kind of miss the different gearing for these first 3000 miles, I'm sure I'll get over it after I get past the break in.

Overall the 4.6 is a great engine for 75% of drivers out there. The problem is it has an older sister that super hot and most of us American guys go for the older, more experienced sister every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts