46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you , hope you are doing well

am passing through hard time with my tundra 2009

the actuator will goes it self into 4HI mode and it the 4HI light will keep

flashing and the cruise control will stop working

when the dealer try to return the 4HI everything return to normal but after

few days again the 4HI will blink and cruise control again not working

when i use that key ignition (fixed by the dealer of usa when i bought the car) immediately will hear sound like door close and the actuator will hang or stick and again we have to return it to the normal position

i need your help guys please i cant use the motor neither sell it , and now 2 month passed and nothing happened

NOTE : i bought new actuator and i also paid labour charge $400 and same issue is happening

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Is that the only dash light? If you got any others lit, like the traction control and a few others, I'm betting you have a wheel speed sensor or wheel speed sensor wire that is bad.

Get under the truck and look for a pretty small wire that goes to the back of each wheel.

Do you remember hitting any real big bumps or have you had the truck jacked up? sometimes this will stretch the wires to the wheels. The back ones are very prone to damage because they are not as protected as the front ones.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that the only dash light? If you got any others lit, like the traction control and a few others, I'm betting you have a wheel speed sensor or wheel speed sensor wire that is bad.

Get under the truck and look for a pretty small wire that goes to the back of each wheel.

Do you remember hitting any real big bumps or have you had the truck jacked up? sometimes this will stretch the wires to the wheels. The back ones are very prone to damage because they are not as protected as the front ones.
yes its only dash light 4HI blinking so what do you think please help me ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing that Toyota tells you to do is to drive in 4wd for at least 1 mile every 30 days. You might try cycling your truck in and out of 4wd several times to see if that helps.
In your case with limited dealer support, having your own Techstream to diagnose problems might be worthwhile.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/110099-offical-techstream-software-thread-settings-such.html
i use my 4HI every year many times , and i dont think its stuck because of this reason .... what the dealership is did he brought a wire with something and put it in the actuator to release it and it worked the 4HI stopped blinking but after 2 days came back and without using 4HI or touch it .. it blink by it self and the weird thing that when i try to start the car by remote ignition system immediately i hear a noise like door closed noise... and the the 4HI will blink .... the door sound noise is the actuator when it seize

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like a cut wire possibly. check the wires that are around your front diff and front wheels.
i have fixed Volo Performance fuel reducer and that connected to ODBII

and i have removed it just 1 day before this issue come on

and there is a cut on the ODBII wires but all taped on it .

it might be the reason ?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
i have fixed Volo Performance fuel reducer and that connected to ODBII

and i have removed it just 1 day before this issue come on

and there is a cut on the ODBII wires but all taped on it .

it might be the reason ?
It's possible. A CAN bus communication error will sometimes cause a flashing 4 HI and constant VSC light.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys almost 3 months and we tried hard no solution now we have a new code U0114
came on , its lost communcation but which wires ? the harness wires has hundered of wires :(

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
What remote starter you have installed? Is it an aftermarket or the one from Toyota that comes with the truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
You don't happen to have something plugged into the OBDII connector??
If you do, unplug it. My Ultragauge will sometimes cause weird things to happen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What remote starter you have installed? Is it an aftermarket or the one from Toyota that comes with the truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hellooooooooooooo yes yes i fixed aftermarket :( i didnt know i bought my car from USA direct , and brand new i live in DUBAI
i told them i need key ignation from manufacture they sent to me after market :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts