Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4WD 5.7L Fi DOHV 8 Cylinder with 45,000 miles,
Lift level kit installed in 2016 when new. 4 wheel alignment done on a regular basis, Truck drives straight as an arrow while in two wheel drive. Winter is coming so I was checking on the 4 wheel drive for any problems and found a big one I think. When I engaged 4 wheel high the truck began to pull hard to the right. Drove a few miles compensating for the right side pulling to see if it would correct its self. It did not. I placed the vehicle back in 2 wheel drive and you guessed it, drove perfect and straight as a arrow. I very rarely use 4 wheel drive (two three times a year) and do not recall this problem last winter. In case you are wondering I never made it 4 wheel low to test. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My guess would be that one side of the front axle not engaging while the other one is. I had a friend have the same issue you describe on a Ford Expedition. The Expedition had an all-wheel drive system and the Tundra does not however, one side of the front half shafts was not engaging.

Reactions: Tbones2469

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess would be that one side of the front axle not engaging while the other one is. I had a friend have the same issue you describe on a Ford Expedition. The Expedition had an all-wheel drive system and the Tundra does not however, one side of the front half shafts was not engaging.
Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts