Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to lift my 2010 Crew about 4 inches. I have read that you can do this by getting the OME kit and putting shims on it. I have also looked at the BDS kit. What do people think about the OME with shims. I would also get new UCA if i go this way. Thanks for the input. Also what are some other options? I dont want to have to cut anything.

·
Registered
530 Posts
There are many ways to get around 4". the most common seem to be Pro comp 4", bds 4.5", zone 5", OME isn't really made to lift your truck that high. I got 4" from my 614 kit, but I am 2wd, and more extreme angles aren't as hard on my front end. Uca's will be needed, as I have almost no down travel due to my coils bumping into my stock uca's. what are you using your truck for? That should be a big factor for what setup you go with.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck is used to pull my trailer with my Polaris Ranger to my ranch. The only offraoding it does is driving down a rock road to my ranch and then dirt roads and driving through fields at my ranch. No rock crawling or anything like that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The truck is used to pull my trailer with my Polaris Ranger to my ranch. The only offraoding it does is driving down a rock road to my ranch and then dirt roads and driving through fields at my ranch. No rock crawling or anything like that.
I would say if your not doing and hard offroading or heavy towing that any kit should be fine. Find one in your budget and slap it on. Don't forget to post pics and driving impressions of the new setup! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm looking into a 4" lift also. ReadyLIFT SST is on my list. It's not cheap at $1000 but you do get lot of parts. I currently have the ICON Stage 4 w/UCA. It's a 3.5" kit thought. I'm trying to find out if I can mix these together. I'm interested in running 35x22 tires without
rubbing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts