Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all the sudden the trucks dash lights are going screwy, Everything is blinking. I took the truck in and I find out I need a new "transfer case computer" and that its going to cost around a grand in labour to fix. And another grand in parts, 2008 tundra with 140,000 kilometers. The truck will not go into 4wd and is going to end up costing thousands to fix. Just had to do the AIP aswell. I bought a tundra to have a reliable truck. Not a piece of chit.....Well looks like I might have gotten a lemon, not to mention rust at the base of the doors and underneath the doors( oiled every year but one), Overall this truck has been a let down. Toyota reliability is a joke in my experiences. Will not be buying another one. Not to mention the bed bounce and paint quality issues. All this within a few months of paying it off, Sorry folks needed to vent

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Well all the sudden the trucks dash lights are going screwy, Everything is blinking. I took the truck in and I find out I need a new "transfer case computer" and that its going to cost around a grand in labour to fix. And another grand in parts, 2008 tundra with 140,000 kilometers. The truck will not go into 4wd and is going to end up costing thousands to fix. Just had to do the AIP aswell. I bought a tundra to have a reliable truck. Not a piece of chit.....Well looks like I might have gotten a lemon, not to mention rust at the base of the doors and underneath the doors( oiled every year but one), Overall this truck has been a let down. Toyota reliability is a joke in my experiences. Will not be buying another one. Not to mention the bed bounce and paint quality issues. All this within a few months of paying it off, Sorry folks needed to vent
did you have to pay for the AIP? That should have been covered I thought.

I agree though, not very toyota like, however every brand can have issues at one time or another, hopefully this is it for yours.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the AIP was covered, I guess I got a little ticked in my original post. The reality is, we all hate to lose faith in a vehicle. I guess I will suck it up and fix the truck, At least I don't need 4wd right now due to the spring being finally upon us(Canada) I guess I will have to see what the future holds, I have maintained the vehicle religiously, I will have to suck it up and hope she is good for a good while. I suppose it could be worse. Still think its the best 1/2 ton on the road. But not as much as I did at one point.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts