Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not the 4", but I have the 6". It came installed on the truck when I bought it. I don't have experience with lifted trucks; but of the friends that have driven it who do, say it's bad ass.

If you plan on 35s I think you have to go 6".

I'm not sure why more people don't use the fabtech lift. I've never heard anything bad about them. I would use it again if given the chance.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I am interested to see if the stock wheel fits, they don't say it wont

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am interested to see if the stock wheel fits, they don't say it wont
Same here....everything I see requires plus size wheels and I like to keep my RW wheels.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I think stock 18's would be pushing it, I doubt if 17's would work...that's just my guess though.
If you're serious though, you could shoot them an email and report back. :)

I'm more curious to see the angles on this.....

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
yes 4x4 but more spacficly was their a reason for concern?
Most lifts over 3" on a 4x4 use drop brackets. Their suspension geometry is often returned to stock if not close.
This kit like the Readylift just use diff. drop spacers like you'd use on a level kit; however, this one has new knuckles as well so I'm just curious how everything looks all said and done.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They got back to me right away when I asked where I could buy it (this was before it was available about a month ago) but when I asked about wheels, they never answered me.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
They may not even know.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They may not even know.
And that's kind of a big concern...I'd hate to drop $3K on the full uniball DirtLogic system and not be able to drive it away from the installer without spending another $2K on wheels and tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm interested in this kit also. Has anyone installed or used this kit yet?

Here is a pic I got off fabtech website.

Reactions: Brost

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought that I would try to fill in a few blanks on this kit since I was curious as well. According to Fabtech, the purpose of the knuckle is to give "you a little extra wheel travel and corrects geometry for alignability and steering angles". If you look at the pic of the knuckle on their site, it does appear that the steering arm sits higher than stock and, just like with Pro Comp, that is why you need a bigger rim. They also stated "As far as reduced turning radius goes, yes, you'll lose a little - that's the only negative to installing any spindle kit. As long as you keep the wheels as narrow as possible, with the correct offset, it won't be too greatly affected." So really this kit is just a very "unique" hybrid. The entire lift comes from cranked up coilovers. It then attempts to reduce some of the extreme angles through a mix of a new upper A-arm, a lowered diff, and a raised steering arm. For the money they want, I honestly think that you are better off with the Pro Comp 4" kit.

I also did get a copy of the install instructions but they don't give a whole lot of additional detail.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Was the kit comparably priced to the ProComp 4" ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
From what I have seen online, the Fabtech kit runs from $1,200 for the basic kit up to $3,400 for the top of the line kit with coilovers and uniball upper control arms. Whereas the Pro Comp lift is about $1,800.

·
Registered
446 Posts
At $1180 seems like a fair priced kit?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Interesting...new knuckles and uca's but no drop bracket, just diff drop spacers. I'd like to see how the angles are on this kit.

http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/pdfs/instructions/Fabtech-install_FT26035i.pdf
Based off the pictures I can see how they keep "factory like" half shaft angles. On a 2wd "spindle lift" they actually drop the hub/bearing mount location to be lower.

Here they make the overall spindle length longer than factory BUT they keep the CV/hub mounting location the factory length from the top of the spindle.

Basically they are doing the exact same thing because the LCA obviously mounts to the lowest point just the hub mounting location is different.

Think that makes sense on paper....in my mind it made sense lol

Anyone have pics on this installed?!?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts