Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,:) I'm a new 2015 Tundra owner. 5.7L 4x4 CrewMax, 35's. 2100 miles on truck and just had Revolution 4:88 gears installed. Am getting a whine at 55-65 mph under light throttle. Coast is fine or acceleration is fine but light throttle cruising on freeway is annoying whine. I have all terrain tires, so can here most all noises. I had a shop with a 18 year gear mechanic do the install and had them install a 2nd set days later with the same result. Anyone out there with Nitro gears installed and any problems ? From what I have heard the Revolution and Nitro gears come from the same factory in Korea where most aftermarket gears are made. Any thoughts anyone. Very annoyed after a 2nd set install with same result.:( Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope someone helps. Cuz am about to post the same issue and am having same problem too. The first 500 miles was no problem at all for the diff to break in. And after i had my diff oil changed I heard the whine on low speed so dose on 55-60 miles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had nitros installed and I can't tell any difference in sound. I have a louder mud tire though. Someone you could ask is Ken Francisco of gearinstalls.com. He is the toyota gear god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm on my fourth rear diff. Currently have Nitro 4.88s and an auburn lsd. Minor whine at all speeds above 30 mph, worst with light acceleration. I've given up with trying to make it quiet.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Nitro 4:88's and auburn lsd in mine. No whine at all. I changed the oil at 100 miles then again at 500

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its really weird, i have 3 of my friends had 4.88 gears on their truck and now whine at all. Am not really sure where the problem is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wonder if they are straight cut gears kinda like the dog box gears made for Honda transmissions. The whine but it's because of how the gears are cut. Just a theory...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts