·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the following on my truck:

BDS 4.5" lift
Dick Cepek Gun Metal 7's (20x8.5")
Toyo MT's (35's)

Looks awesome and ride really didnt change at all... just higher up.. Feels so much higher than 4.5"

Before:

After:

Different Angle:

Next up on the list..
Exhaust: Magna Flow Dual
Intake: Cold Air (aFe Magnum)
and .. recalibrate the speedomter.. its off by about 4mph low...

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
sweet looking truck!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Perfect set up!! Looking good!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To the questions:

Rear Height from Ground to Fender: 43.5" (little bit higher on passenger side by about 1/8")

Front Height from Ground to Fender: 42.8" (pretty mush the same both side in the front)

I threw about 350 lbs of sand in the back and it sits just about level just to test how much weight it would hold before going level to pointing up in the front.

Acceleration is still great. It feels a little bit slower to get up and moving compared to the smaller factory tires but I can still launch (will get some numbers when I can)

MPG - hard to tell because speedo is off.. i ordered the inline hyper tech recalibrator for larger tires. Before the add on's I averaged about 13-14 city and around 19 on the highway.. but I like to let the horses run so its probably a lot to do with my foot...

Overall ride is still the same as it was before.. what I call trucky.. its stiff.. you feel the bumps like a tight suspension sports car but its not out of control still feels the same on the roads.

When i get the Tonneau cover, instake, exhaust, and speedometer re calibrated I will update MPG. The only thing I really wish these Tundra's had stock was a larger fuel tank and still on the fence about getting that aftermarket 46 gallon one..

Reactions: brockeverly

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
looks good.. i like the stance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Put on the magna flow exhaust today dual out the back kit #16487.. fit was perfect. Came with clamps but I tack welded it in place. NOW it sounds like a truck.. not obnoxious just throaty!

This truck I love it gonna get my wife to shoot me... :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
did you have to get new front or rear shocks? you do the install yourself? if not what was labor to install? anything extra you had to buy? thanks

truck looks awesome. keep up the great work

Reactions: c0astie31

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had it installed. I was leary of doing it myself since you have to cut out a big part of the cross member and weld in two pieces. I have welded quite a bit but wanted someone with experience to do it. Overall the labor to mount, balance tires, align, and install lift was $1000 dollars. Its about 10 hours of work and 2 days to let it sit and paint the welds. But also to align big tires requires experience and know how.

New rear shocks.. not front used the same struts. New Toyota TPMS sensors cost $100 bucks each.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had it installed. I was leary of doing it myself since you have to cut out a big part of the cross member and weld in two pieces. I have welded quite a bit but wanted someone with experience to do it. Overall the labor to mount, balance tires, align, and install lift was $1000 dollars. Its about 10 hours of work and 2 days to let it sit and paint the welds. But also to align big tires requires experience and know how.

New rear shocks.. not front used the same struts. New Toyota TPMS sensors cost $100 bucks each.
What rear shocks u go with? Did the kit come with steering stops? Kinda new to the tundra lift sorry about the questions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went with the BDS shocks that comes with the kit. YOu can upgrade shocks but didn't see a reason too based on discussion with the installer and BDS.

It does have new steering stops to weld in...

All good ask away..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just this week. I did weathertech rainguards, aFe Magnum Stage 2 intake, Ordered a Tonnaeu cover, Ordered some LED taillights... now I am trying to figure out what to do for Headlights with HALO's and but not sure how to deal with the adjustable headlights... my new money pit!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts