Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in a manual transmission adapter plate? If so I have had success with mine and wanted to put it out there. If you all have any ideas or suggestions as to transmission types let me know as I may be making several variants shortly. I have already made a custom flywheel for the 3ur to mate up to the Exedy Carbon Kevlar twin disc. I am also considering variants for that as well.

Thanks
Joe

· Registered
173 Posts

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I'm listening...

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm not sure how much the 350z trans will hold but they have been running in our 2 Infiniti G35's and Silvia S15 for several years without any issues. They are all running Stillen blowers and put out about 545 to the wheels. I'm not sure if the Tundra is too big or not. Currently we are using a CCMR and 3D Scanner to bring in the data. I am all about doing a project with the members on line here.

[/QUOTE]

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I'm no expert in transmissions, but what about a 6-speed supra transmission? It should be good for maybe 700 - 800 whp with some modifications...

· Registered
819 Posts
I'm no expert in transmissions, but what about a 6-speed supra transmission? It should be good for maybe 700 - 800 whp with some modifications...
Exactly what I was going to say. Keep a Toyota transmission in a Toyota.

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
It's awesome but the cost is crazy for the V160/1. A discounted new one would be over 6k and a used one would be at least $4k.

Joe
:eek:

If my transmission ever goes out, I might get one of those :D

Hypothetically, I got the V160/V161 and your adapter plate. What else would I need to bolt it on?

· Registered
702 Posts
what about engine management? I assume you're running a stand alone on your drift car.

Or is it possible to trick our ECU into thinking that its in neutral and still maintaining proper timing/fuel adjustments

· Registered
173 Posts
It's awesome but the cost is crazy for the V160/1. A discounted new one would be over 6k and a used one would be at least $4k.

Joe
Ouch. Would the R150 be a feasible alternative? I know it may not be rated as high as the V161, but given that you're going to have to build it up either ways, I'd imagine it is more cost friendly to go with the R150 from the get-go.

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trans Options

Hey guys,

Ok so you all sorta let the cat out of the bag. Initially we are doing the Z33 6 speed because they are cheaper and have proven themselves in our other drift cars. However, below you will see a pic of the Coordinate Measuring Machine we are using to bring in the factory 3ur block locations/bold holes and such. We also have been employing the NextEngine 3D scanner to help keep things exact. all being said I will ultimately have adapter plates exclusively for the 3ur to mate against the Z33, T56 Magnum or TR6060 and the Mid Valley 4 Speed dog box. It's going to be a pretty cool solution for who ever wants to do a build. As for electronics I already offer complete engine wiring and custom harnesses. On the Lexus we are now doing complete stand alone AEM and I am willing to help provide a pre-terminated plug and play harness for the Tundra specifically. I will also be able to ship out the latest AEM ecu's with pre loaded base maps. I will also have my maps available. I just want to give you all a heads up I will be setting the Lexus up to run E85 with the TRD Supercharger. Coming soon!

Joe

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cad

Not bad tools for a guy working out of his garage! LOL I have to give big props to my friend Basil for working with me on this project. It is really his engineering equipment and know-how that is making this graduate to a production level. Generally I will make fabricate the initial part. It then is scanned in and corrections if necessary are made. Once rendered into a 3D model it's sent out for a rapid prototype. I am pretty happy with how things are working out. Now anything is possible and the sky is the limit.

Joe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.