Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy 4th of July!

I’m a happy owner of a 2016 SR5 + crewmax, TRD 4x4 in Barcelona Red.

I’ve put 44k on it with a 1.5” level and Toyo muds since new. Other mods include tint, a nice leather wrap for the steering wheel, lowered seat 2”, and a spray in liner.

Future mods being considered: red LEDs, all weather floor mats, custom bumpers, pro grill, camper shell, and black leather interior.

No complaints as is though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the red!
Yes me too. You can’t see much looking out from the driver’s seat, but there is definitely a lot of it (not as much with the black sprayed bedliner)...

It has a very nice pop from the flake in over cast and blue skies as well as early evening. It loses a bit of pop though when it gets a little dusty (Not like black.)

I have found the paint to be a lot more durable than other makes (dodge, ford, Honda) I’ve had, in that it polishes up easy (comparatively) and holds up well (not as many swirls etc). Toyotas have an exceptional new car finish ImO.

It is my second red truck. I had one of the red rock warriors (should never have traded that one)... it was a lot different to be behind the wheel than I thought it would be. The red just doesn’t seem as pronounced as I had thought it would, so it’s kind of fun in an unexpected way. Looks fully spectacular with an American flag mounted on a pole on the center of the back middle window. Wife calls it the fire truck. “I’ll take the fire truck...”

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was debating black red or the white SX. I liked black the most but being a daily driver I knew I couldn't keep it clean. Just when I was about to pull the trigger on red wifey said that'll get old quick...:| She has a super white '15 Corrolla so now we are twinning I think the kids say these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts